Messaging Operations Engineer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Job Number: 21930
EnPro Industries is currently seeking a Messaging Operations Engineer to join our Enterprise Information Technology team in Charlotte out of our headquarters in the South Park neighborhood. The Messaging Operations Engineer will partner across the organization's operations teams' various hybrid environments to monitor and address all areas regarding collaboration and messaging tools. Specifically, the Messaging Operations Engineer will monitor incidents, requests, maintenance, scheduling, and escalations of messaging and collaboration applications and will strategize with vendors and with internal teams at the divisions to prevent incidents and ensure customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities of the Messaging Operations Engineer
- Working with Active Directory, On Premise Exchange, G Suite, and Office 365 environments
- Improving the sustainability and performance of all email and collaboration environments
- Providing Tier II support escalation as a final point of contact to the Service Desk and resolving problems within established practices and timeframes
- Testing new features and components of the software platforms
- Creating and updating policies, processes and procedures where needed
- Contributing to the direction, selection of products and services, planning, and implementation of technology for the messaging and collaboration applications
- Updating knowledge and technical skills by participating in educational opportunities such as training classes, reading professional blogs and forums, relevant social media, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
Required Qualifications of the Messaging Operations Engineer
- Completed bachelor's degree
- 2-5 years managing Microsoft Exchange 2013 and Windows Server operating systems, including Active Directory
- 1+ years working with PowerShell scripting language within Microsoft
- 1+ years of hands-on experience supporting environments regulated by compliance frameworks, specifically DFARS, EAR, and ITAR
- 1+ years managing cloud collaboration tools, specifically G Suite and/or Microsoft Office 365, including experience with OWA, IMAP, MAPI, POP, Outlook Anywhere, and SMTP
Competencies of the Messaging Operations Engineer
- Excellent customer service and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and currently possess knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to handle multiple user requests and prioritize work assignments
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to work within a team environment and focus on team orientation
- Professional demeanor at all times
- Support and adhere to Company's Core Values
Safety. Excellence. Respect.
Those three values form the core of the EnPro Industries culture. We're a global company with a global workforce, and diversity in people and ideas is a way of life. Fresh ideas can come from anyone regardless of background or level of experience. So, we've created and nurtured a culture that embraces fresh perspectives and rewards success for the team and the individual. When you make an impact at EnPro Industries we make sure it's recognized.
EnPro Industries, Inc. is a $2 billion global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We are widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Messaging Operations Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015689
EEO Employer Verbiage: