Thin Film Process Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Job Number: 22202
Technetics Group is part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We're widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
Not just another employee number, at Technetics Group & EnPro Industries, you'll be...
The Thin Film Process Engineer owns the manufacturing content for vacuum deposition processes, provides manufacturing leadership, and is responsible for production requirements such as: process documentation, work instructions, tooling and fixture design, and project management. The Process Engineer will also champion continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery, as well as participate as a cross-functional team member in pursuing assigned initiatives to a successful and timely conclusion.
What you'll be doing...
- Develops, documents, and sustains processes, procedures and controls for manufacturing operations following company standard procedures.
- Monitor vacuum deposition processes and work closely with technicians to resolve technical issues in a timely manner using accepted problem solving techniques.
- Work closely with Sales, R&D Engineering, and management to introduce new processes to production through conducting initial setups, confirming part quality, creating respective documentation, designing and procuring required tooling and fixtures, and training
- Coordinate production activity working closely with buyers, planners and production technicians to meet volume production requirements.
- Implement SPC in manufacturing process to control and optimize key process parameters.
- Develop and/or change production processes to improve quality, cost, and delivery.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished and in process product, establishing process capabilities, establishing standards, and confirming production processes.
- Develop new production processes and implement new or modified equipment.
- Support day to day initiatives such as implementing corrective actions, employee training and certification, quality troubleshooting, process troubleshooting, machine troubleshooting, and safety enhancements.
- Communicates with internal and external customers, suppliers, other company personnel providing timely and accurate technical expertise and counsel as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related field with 2+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- Solid knowledge of vacuum systems and technology; knowledge or experience with optical thin film coatings is a plus
- Knowledge, expertise, and hands-on experience in manufacturing processes using physical vapor deposition and equipment experience including optical coatings, e-beam and/or thermal evaporators, ion assisted deposition, reactive ion deposition, RIE, ion beam sputtering, or similar is preferred
- Experience and knowledge of ISO 9001, quality systems, lean manufacturing, and/or 5S principle is a plus
- Six Sigma certification (Green/Black Belt) is a plus
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control principles and application
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, data-driven and results-oriented mindset
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Committed, dedicated and self-motivated work ethic, with full ownership of projects or assigned tasks
- The desire to strive for continuous improvement and excellence within a fast-paced growth environment
- Demonstrates a professional and positive attitude as well as a passion for continuous improvement
We offer generous benefits and competitive compensations packages that reward on target performance and profitable growth. Please apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Santa Clara, California, United States
City: Santa Clara
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Thin Film Process Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015723
EEO Employer Verbiage: