Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 22230
Fairbanks Morse, an EnPro company, is currently seeking a Product Engineer to join our Engineering team in Beloit, WI. The Product Engineer will mainly be responsible for providing technical engineering support to all aspects of the aftermarket business unit, including manufacturing, production, quality purchasing, sales, and marketing for current products. Additionally, the Product Engineer will develop technical content of new product development and application projects from quotation through customer start-up.
The Product Engineer will be part of a world leader in engine technology that provides propulsion to the US Navy, US Coast Guard, and provides emergency power for nuclear power plants. Our engines weigh up to 250 tons and provide up to 33,500 horsepower to meet our customers' needs.
Note: This position requires up to 20% travel. This position may require access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship is required. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Responsibilities of the Product Engineer:
- Determine the technical approach and solutions to meet customer specifications with guidance from Sr. Product Manager, Engineering Manager, or Project Lead Engineer
- Manage all technical aspects of the assigned products and projects
- Lead the development, release, and maintenance of internal product and project documents, including drawings, BOM's and item masters
- Manage customer submittals and deliverables, i.e. analytical reports, test procedures and reports, system schematics, etc.
- Work closely with project management and other project team members including providing and managing engineering timelines and updates for all involved engineering group
- Assist Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, and Purchasing in determining root cause to quality problems and new supplier qualification, and develop solutions to identified problems
- Assist Technical Support with existing installations and programs
- Assist in preparing proposals for aftermarket solutions and upgrade kits
- Redesign and implement replacement components due to parts obsolescence, cost reduction efforts, upgraded design, etc.
- Conduct failure investigations, perform funded Engineering studies, and write reports
Required Qualifications of the Product Engineer:
- 1 year of internship or co-op experience or an EnPro EDGE program participant working in a manufacturing organization that produces highly engineered capital equipment in commercial power, marine or industrial applications
- Experience and thorough understanding of manufacturing equipment and processes
- 1 year of experience in SolidWorks and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), ASME Y-14.5
Preferred Qualifications of the Product Engineer:
- Internal Combustion engine design/development/manufacturing or power generation package application experience
- Experience with Oracle
- Familiarity with Codes written by ASME, ASTM, AWS, ABS, etc.
- Knowledgeable with materials, material specifications, properties and heat treatment, etc.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project
Education of the Product Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree, such as Manufacturing or Quality Engineering
Fairbanks Morse offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, full tuition reimbursement, vacation, and paid holidays.
About Fairbanks Morse
Fairbanks Morse is the critical power solutions expert - a strategic partner and a trusted source for application-specific, fuel- flexible power systems that deliver optimal performance in mission critical applications. These applications include base load and standby power generation and emergency back-up power for nuclear plants; ship propulsion and shipboard power for the United States Navy and Coast Guard and commercial vessels, and mechanical drive applications such as crude oil and water pumping.
An EnPro Industries company, Fairbanks Morse, can be found powering the world forward in a wide range of municipal, institutional and industrial applications. EnPro Industries is a diversified manufacturer of proprietary engineered products used in critical applications with more than 5000 people worldwide with products sold in over 100 countries across the globe.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
Fairbanks Morse Careers
EnPro Industries - The Dual Bottom Line
EnPro Learning System: Approach, Tools and Practices that Work
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Product Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015725
EEO Employer Verbiage: