ME - Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 22390
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, develop and evaluate manufacturing techniques that support production improvements that can be captured through quantitative or qualitative analysis.
- Compile justifications for equipment or technologies that support tangible analysis for improvements which target an 18 month ROI or better.
- Assist in the selection, purchase and installation of new multi-million dollar equipment.
- Work with engineering when designing new products to ensure the ability to manufacture.
- Employ ergonomic strategies that promote a safe, employee friendly work environment.
- Work with product research and development to assist with designing test stand and fixtures for manufacturing of new products and specify new machines and processes.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of tool drawings, fixtures, gauging, design concepts, shop orders, and concepts in accordance with the R&D and Quality Assurance functions.
- Work with internal and external suppliers to develop manufacturing processes that meet product standards and specifications.
- Participate in the development of processes, tooling, fixtures, setups and CNC machine programs.
- Document manufacturing processes for engine assembly and engine testing using ERP system.
- Perform time studies to develop, implement and validate manufacturing time requirements to produce engine parts and determine cost data.
- Develop work instructions for current, new and/or updated manufacturing techniques.
- Provide support in production departments by performing root cause corrective actions, solutions and resolve production problems on parts written up for non-conformance reports (NCR's).
- Implement engineering change orders into new or existing manufacturing processes.
- Support company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, environmental safety and health regulations and manufacturing practices in providing a safe work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with, teach, coach and influence all levels of employees within the manufacturing environment to build consensus and then execute to plan.
- Must be self-motivated to pursue cutting edge knowledge of industry benchmarks and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including MS Projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in CAD and CAM programs. (Solid Works, Cimlinc, Esprit is preferred)
- Experience working with an ERP system is beneficial. (Oracle is preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or technical field; OR an Associate's degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical or technical field and a minimum of 3 years of experience in industrial maintenance and hands-on manufacturing experience is required.
- Manufacturing experience in one or more of the following areas is required: engine assembly, engine testing, metal fabrication, robotic welding, CNC machining and grinding, painting, piping and heat treating processes. Experience in the automotive, defense or nuclear industry is desired, but not required.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: ME - Manufacturing Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015734
EEO Employer Verbiage: