Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana US
Job Number: 22402
- Excels in operating typical manual machines including, but not limited to lathes, mills, drills, grinders, and saws. Position is expected to know how to operate three or more types of machines.
- Must be able to identify job hazards, understand and develop job safety analysis sheets.
- Reads and works from prints, process sheets, written and verbal instructions to tolerances of .0005".
- Must be able to select and use appropriate gauges, calipers, micrometers to measure work.
- Works with all metallic and non-metallic materials.
- Works safely and efficiently with minimum supervision.
- Continuous standing. Lift up to 35 pounds. Identify and use proper lift aid > 35 pounds.
- Must be able to learn and use CPI products, services, and systems used in business.
- Must be able to follow and write routine procedures.
- Must be able to disassemble, repair, reassemble and test reconditioned components.
- Must be able to completely fill out inspection reports and take personal ownership of quality.
- Must be able to use complex equipment requiring continuous attention.
- Must be able to make minor decisions and ask identifying questions.
- Strong time management, planning, analytical skills and commitment to customer demands.
- Drive for personal development and implementing continuous improvement.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to understand and promote CPI's safety standards and guidelines.
- Ability to communicate respectfully, orally and in writing, to build both internal and external relationships.
- Must be able to routinely follow work orders and understand customer specifications with attention to safety and quality.
- Must be able to work day and night shift as needed.
- Must be able to work weekend when needed to support our customer needs.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- No Travel Requirements. May be invited to travel for training opportunities.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Progressive experience as a Journeyman Machinist or Millwright
- Knowledge of machining reciprocating Compression Manufacturing parts and/or components.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to regularly sit; use hands to handle or feel equipment or generate/prepare reports, reach with hands and arms to install equipment, and talk or hear to communicate with internal and external customers as well as management and other fellow employees. The employee must remain alert. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in order to install and/or diagnose customer or company equipment and/or tooling. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 35 pounds with and without aid. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus in order to read product results and generate customer/management reporting as requirement as well as communication documentation as needed.
Must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; and an ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Broad knowledge of the Company and the Compression manufacturing industry to include experience in manufacturing and reconditioning of compressor components.
- Manual Machinist III
- Five (5) plus years' experiences
- CNC programing and operating knowledge is a plus
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
City: Baton Rouge
Location_formattedLocationLong: Baton Rouge, Louisiana US
Community / Marketing Title: Manual Machinist
Requisition Number: 2015736
EEO Employer Verbiage: