Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Job Number: 22568
EnPro Industries ( www.enproindustries.com ) is a leading provider of engineered industrial products for the processing and general manufacturing industries worldwide. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, the company operates in three segments: Sealing Products, Engineered Products, and Engine Products and Services. Divisions in the EnPro family include well-known names such as Garlock Sealing Technologies, Stemco, GGB Bearing Technology, and Fairbanks Morse Engine.
End-users of EnPro's products include chemical and petrochemical companies, petroleum refiners, pulp and paper companies, food and pharmaceutical companies, truck and trailer manufacturers, freight lines and shipping companies, semiconductor manufacturers, the U.S. Navy, utilities, and municipalities.
The company's values of Excellence, Respect and Safety have been keys to EnPro's success and its focus on a Dual Bottom Line has contributed to the company attracting and retaining talent. EnPro is a $1.5B+ public company and is listed on the NYSE ( NPO ). Additional information is available on the company's website: www.enproindustries.com .
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Strategy, Corporate Development & Investor Relations, the Director, Strategy will work closely with EnPro's senior management team, including the CEO, CFO, and General Counsel to facilitate the company's internal and external growth initiatives. This will include an assessment of EnPro's current portfolio, the identification of new opportunities for growth and the refinement of EnPro's strategy for value creation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading a process to evaluate EnPro's current portfolio of businesses to determine which businesses have the best prospects for growth and value creation. This may result in revisions to EnPro's acquisition criteria.
- Leading a process to identify new "spaces" (markets, products, applications) for future organic and inorganic investment. This will include working with internal and external resources to evaluate market conditions, industry trends, financial characteristics, leading and lagging indicators, competitive dynamics and disruptive forces that will point to opportunities for the divisions' strategy to evolve.
- Managing third party consultants during one or more engagements.
- Deeply studying new opportunities, including identifying and meeting with industry experts and potential acquisition targets, attending trade shows, and conducting similar learning journeys.
Key qualifications include the following:
- Strong track record of success in positions of increasing responsibility; minimum of five years of broad-based business experience, including strategy consulting;
- Highly independent, objective, strategic thinker with a mix of deep financial acumen, broad-based business experience and a proven track record of distinctive leadership in a wide range of team settings;
- Strategic orientation; someone who can conceptualize visions; must have the ability to develop directional plans from ambiguous challenges and opportunities; someone who can assess current situations, the impact of change, and a broad range of outcomes relative to corporate goals and objectives; the ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Proven ability to synthesize complex analytics into concise, easily understood management implications and recommendations; high level of comfort dealing with complex data sets, drawing insights from ambiguity and accessing data from a wide range of sources is a critical requirement; must be comfortable recognizing that analysis is more than pure number-crunching;
- Experience working with business owners and corporate executives, either directly or in an advisory capacity; proven ability to build strong relationships and to earn trust;
- Significant financial analytical skills, ability to understand and interpret financial statements; familiarity with acquisition accounting issues and company valuation methodologies is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; an active listener who is a proven facilitator and consensus builder; someone who values generative discovery and discussions and authenticity in all interactions;
- Demonstrated ability to manage across hierarchical and organizational boundaries and the ability to use a wide range of influencing skills to build consensus and alignment across the organization;
- Manufacturing experience is preferred but not required; management experience is a plus;
- Ability to support and succeed within the EnPro culture and core values;
- Bachelor's degree with significant coursework in business-related subjects; MBA preferred.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Strategy
Requisition Number: 2015762
EEO Employer Verbiage: