Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 22600
EnPro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person is an integral part of a greater team and has a voice. If you want an opportunity to truly make an impact, and work across a collective of people who believe in each other, EnPro Industries has a career for you.
Our Learning Systems team is currently looking for a Safety Specialist to join the us and report out of Fairbanks Morse facility in Beloit, WI on their first assignment. As a Safety Specialist, you are responsible for supporting the EnPro Learning System business with internally and externally focused training and consulting services, as well as refining current and new product content. In this dynamic position, you will be responsible for the safety action team, leading trainings and overseeing the tactical day to day EHS activities. You will influence leaders to subscribe to and enforce safety initiatives. With a firm understanding of safety principles, practices and standards you will make a direct impact to multiple divisions at divisions across EnPro Industries and coach organizational change, as well as develop leadership skills to affect this change and consult within a customer's business across multiple cultures and industries.
Responsibilities of the Safety Specialist:
Rotational EHS leadership role, performing 12 to 24-month assignments throughout the EnPro Industries businesses to gain diverse experience and intimate knowledge of the EnPro Learning System approach to Safety Excellence
- Consulting with business units on safety to improve metrics
- Establish rapport with existing customers
- Actively seeking ways to learn more about safety methods, compliance, and systems
- Lead the development of current and new safety training product content for commercialization
- Supporting business needs for consulting, training and business development
Required Qualifications of the Safety Specialist:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, Environmental Management, Occupational Health or Safety
- Experience as a Safety Advocate, influencing Executives and Leaders in a manufacturing environment, including the understanding of
- Safety compliance and safety systems (ex. hazardous waste management, industrial hygiene and lockout tagout)
- OSHA 1910 regulations and ANSI standards
- Organizational change methods and approaches
Preferred Qualifications of the Safety Specialist:
- Master's Degree, preferably in Safety or through an EHS program
- Safety certification (ASP, CSP, CIH, or equivalent)
- Internship and/or Co-op experience related to EHS
Competencies of the Safety Specialist
- Priority setting - able to effectively direct the activities of others including establishing expectations, removing barriers, and managing performance
- Comfort around leadership - able to influence others without formal authority including comfort with senior leadership
- Managing peer relationships - able to work collaboratively with others and accomplish objectives
- Influencing others - able to work effectively through others where there is no reporting relationship
- Strategic agility - able to think through complex issues and develop solutions that deliver integrated and long-lasting results
- Action oriented - high level of energy and able to help others see the goals for safety, health, and environment
- Approachability - able to present well and establish credibility
- Drive for results - action oriented and able to produce results throughout the organization
EnPro Industries offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, full tuition reimbursement, vacation, and paid holidays.
EnPro Industries, Inc. is a $2 billion global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We are widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Safety Specialist
Requisition Number: 2015767
EEO Employer Verbiage: