Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee US
Job Number: 22676
Responsible for developing, implementing and leading the STEMCO environmental, health and safety programs and culture. As expert resource, partner with facility leadership to ensure colleagues develop a strong understanding of the EnPro / STEMCO EHS programs and initatives. Partner with the leadership team and colleagues to ensure that programs are implemented, training is in place to develop skill sets required and steps are in place to ensure sustainability.
Safety: Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work .
Respect: Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
Excellence: Promote the STEMCO / EnPro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Partner with facility leadership and colleagues to ensure that Safety Teams are implemented and steps are in place to ensure sustainability. This will include: serving as subject matter resources for teams, advising colleagues chosen to lead teams on the purpose / goals of the teams,
- Work closely with facility leadership/ Safety Action teams to ensure training is developed and "train the trainers" program is in place to ensure facility has qualified trainers conducting EHS training.
- Partner with colleagues responsible for permitting to ensure they have a in-depth knowledge of the required permits and requirements to be compliant.
- Serve as an EHS auditor for the local facility as well as all other STEMCO / EnPro sites as required.
- Participate on the STEMCO/ EnPro EHS team working on various projects, assisting in developing EHS strategy, developing webinars, training material, etc.
- Serve as liaison between STEMCO/EnPro EHS and facility to ensure rollout of new EHS programs and initiatives
- Subject matter expert giving guidance both in and outside of local facility.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of EHS.
- Degree in Environmental/Health/Safety or Engineering
- This position will be expected to obtain ASP, CIH, CHMM, CSP certification
- Influencing others - able to work effectively through others where there is no reporting relationship
- Strategic agility - able to think through complex issues and develop solutions that deliver integrated and long lasting results.
- Action oriented - high level of energy and able to help others see the goals for safety, health, and environment
- Approachability - able to present well and establish credibility
- Drive for results - action oriented and able to produce results throughout the organization
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chattanooga, Tennessee US
Community / Marketing Title: Environmental/Health/Safety Specialist
Requisition Number: 2015784
EEO Employer Verbiage: