Operational Excellence Master
Job Number: 22847
EnPro Industries is currently seeking an Operational Excellence Master to join our EnPro Manufacturing Learning System team in a remote capacity. As the champion for continuous improvement and operational excellence, you will be responsible for deploying Lean strategies across all six business units throughout the enterprise nationally and globally. As an Operational Excellence Master, you will build capability through a combination of servant leadership, engagement, and deep knowledge of Lean tools and management practices, ultimately driving change to create value.
Responsibilities of the Operational Excellence Master:
- Completing assessments and analyzing manufacturing sites to observe areas of opportunity and create solutions to address them through Lean integration and engagement of the location
- Building strong interpersonal relationships with all levels of personnel across multiple verticals, from executives to production staff, and mentoring the internal groups to remove obstacles and promote engagement at our sites
- Developing capabilities for sustainment, teaching the tools, empowering the staff, and mentoring while also individually solving problems
- Collaborating and advising division leadership teams to support and deploy company strategies and achieve corporate objectives
- Consulting, coaching, developing, and training team members to excel in Continual Improvement concepts
- Using problem-solving techniques, identify and capitalize on improvement opportunities that directly impact the company's bottom line
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of Lean strategies to achieve overarching global business objectives
- Applying Lean manufacturing concepts to improve efficiency in manufacturing and business processes
- Leading Lean events and activities as required including planning, resourcing, evaluating and recruiting team members, training and leading teams, achieving event objectives, documenting performance, and sustaining results
Required Qualifications for the Operational Excellence Master:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 10+ years of experience working across a multi-site global or international enterprise in a Tier 1 or Tier 2 manufacturing environment, specifically a manufacturing environment producing products for B2B commercialization
- 5+ years of recent experience in an Operational Excellence or Lean manufacturing focused role, utilizing Lean manufacturing tools, running continuous improvement events, and applying DMAIC processes to reduce process variation
- 5+ years of recent experience in a role mentoring, empowering, and leading all levels of personnel without direct authority, including the responsibility of coaching executives
- Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment with the willingness to accept, drive, and manage change and cultural transitions
- Willing to travel up to 75-100% as required based on the needs of the business and comfortable operating in a multitude of cultures around the world. Expert facilitator in both face-to-face and virtual meetings and workshops.
Preferred Qualifications for the Operational Excellence Master:
- Completed Lean or Six Sigma certification
- Recent experience operating in a union environment
Safety. Excellence. Respect.
Those three values form the core of the EnPro Industries culture. We're a global company with a global workforce, and diversity in people and ideas is a way of life. Fresh ideas can come from anyone regardless of background or level of experience. So, we've created and nurtured a culture that embraces fresh perspectives and rewards success for the team and the individual. When you make an impact at EnPro Industries we make sure it's recognized.
EnPro Industries, Inc. is a $2 billion global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We are widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Remote, United States
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Operational Excellence Master
Requisition Number: 2015815
EEO Employer Verbiage: