Continuous Improvement/EMLS Engineer
Location: Berea, Kentucky US
Job Number: 22959
The Continuous Improvement/EMLS Engineer will lead the implementation of Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma based process improvement methodologies. Core responsibilities will include championing the development a culture of Improvement while emphasizing advancements in safety, quality, cost, productivity, on-time delivery and employee engagement. The ability to effectively use problem-solving techniques, identify and capitalize on improvement opportunities to impact the P&L, manage process improvement projects, facilitate training, coach all levels, and work with little direction are critical skills in this role.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Serve as the site champion for Continual Improvement
- Assists with the deployment of Continual Improvement strategies site wide
- Own and manage area Continual Improvement Processes and Projects
- Define and deploy area CI tools and techniques
- Collaborate and build strong interpersonal relationships with the area leadership and team members
- Leads cross functional teams to drive projects from conception to realization.
- Lead advancements in Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity, Delivery and Employee Engagement.
- Consult, coach, develop and train leadership and team members to excel in Continual Improvement concepts.
- Help to establish, improve and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) with area leadership and team members
- Demonstrate flexibility in managing special projects as directed by leadership
- Lead Kaizen Improvement Events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma concepts: Value Stream Mapping, Cell Design, Visual Management, Waste Elimination, Kanban, A3, TPM, Daily Management, Rapid Problem Solving, Kaizen, SMED, Employee Recognition, Suggestion Systems, Change Management and other Lean Six Sigma Manufacturing concepts.
- Proven Kaizen leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience implementing change using Lean Manufacturing techniques and or Six Sigma methodology.
- Proficient at using Problem Solving tools, performing root cause analysis, and implementing corrective actions.
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks with flexibility and changing priorities.
- Strong knowledge of Industrial Engineering methods, tools and measurements.
- Ability to effectively deliver training programs across all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated, hands-on with keen interest in quickly learning and applying new skills.
- Ability to react quickly to changing requirements and new process developments.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead teams with limited direct authority
- Ability to manage by influence.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Minitab and MRP System experience preferred
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to follow written/verbal instructions and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Lean Six Sigma implementation experience preferred
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Have a working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 9001:2015
- Lean and or Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred
Berea, Kentucky, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Berea, Kentucky US
Community / Marketing Title: Continuous Improvement/EMLS Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015832
EEO Employer Verbiage: