Location: Berea, Kentucky US
Job Number: 22960
The Manufacturing Engineer provides technical expertise, liaison and support to operations to assure that existing product requirements can be met at optimum quality and cost levels in a safe manner. The Manufacturing Engineer utilizes data to drive improvements to current processes and tools. Successful Manufacturing Engineers strive to assist operations in meeting customer demand and price targets while maintaining the roles and responsibilities listed below within STEMCO's culture. They are personally committed to actively improve personal performance and process/product knowledge.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Manage multiple projects centered on processes and tooling performance maintenance and improvements. Using data, resolve difficult problems and improve upon process characteristics with respect to print and capability requirements.
- Execute plans that increase customer value by reducing cost and waste.
- Ensure operations' processes and systems that continue to comply with recognized quality management system requirements.
- Lead and actively participate in cross functional teams to implement solutions and continuously improve processes. Provide leadership to tooling/process problem resolution within operation.
- Promotes safe practices in all activities. Identifies and assists in the reduction of ergonomic strains/concerns within manufacturing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Automation or Industrial, Engineering or Manufacturing Technology or equivalent required.
- 2 - 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing tools (5S, TPM, OEE, Kaizen), Problem Solving Skills, and Quality Systems required. Green Belt Certification preferred.
- Experience with robotics, automation and controls required.
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets required. (Google Environment preferred)
- Ability to financially justify investments, and present accordingly, required.
- Must have good communication and time management skills, project management certification a plus.
2-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment required
Berea, Kentucky, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Berea, Kentucky US
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015831
EEO Employer Verbiage: