Manufacturing Cost Accountant
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 23097
Based in Houston, Texas near the Beltway and 290, Technetics PTFE & Polymer Solutions engineers and manufactures a full range of standard and custom polymer products and services, including tapes and films, thread seal, rods and cylinders, compression- and isostatic-molded components, custom machining, high performance etching, semiconductor component cleaning and more.
Our state-of-the-art compounding laboratories and engineering capabilities allow us to work with customers to develop new polymer technologies that address specific critical application needs in a broad array of industries, including Aerospace, Semiconductor, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Chemical Processing, Industrial and Construction.
We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Cost Accountant to join our Houston, Texas team. This exciting role will provide you the opportunity to grow your career and learn new skills while being part of a dynamic, driven and growth oriented organization.
Technetics PTFE & Polymer Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Manufacturing Cost Accountant is responsible for reporting, control, and analysis of operations in the areas of inventory, costing, purchasing, and maintaining applicable ERP cost system modules. Positional goals include maintaining physical inventory accuracy and creating awareness of product cost and profit margins. All duties will be performed under supervision of the Controller. The ideal candidate manages complexity, optimizes work processes, communicates effectively, demonstrates self-awareness, and ensures accountability.
- Leads financial operations in inventory management by developing and improving control policies, procedures, methods, and systems.
- Prepares month-end close Cost Accounting entries and relevant monthly reporting.
- Facilitates monthly E&O and WIP meetings with Finance, Operations, and Sales teams.
- Reconciles inventory and capital accounts monthly.
- Monitors manufacturing variances monthly and reviews material and labor transactions to ensure costing accuracy.
- Reviews daily cycle count results, performs root cause analysis of discrepancies, and leads implementation of corrective actions.
- Performs setup and maintenance of inventory stratification codes, labor rates, overhead rates, and annual standard cost roll-up.
- Leads annual physical inventory count.
- Develops an understanding of the product lines by working with Purchasing, Operations, and Sales teams.
- Maintenance of fixed asset tracking and reporting on monthly basis.
- Performs any other assigned duty as directed by management.
Additional responsibilities will be assigned as directed by the Controller for the site.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent preferred.
- 2+ years' work experience with manufacturing businesses.
- Experience in Microsoft applications (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- Experience with inventory costing and inventory control systems.
- Oracle or Macola ERP software experience a plus.
- Minimal safety hazards; general requirements of an office environment.
- Sitting; standing; walking throughout the facility; talking; seeing; hearing; feeling; bending or stooping; squatting or crouching; reaching; kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting up to 25 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Cost Accountant
Requisition Number: 2015847
EEO Employer Verbiage: