Maintenance – Controls/Electrical Technician
Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 23218
Maintenance - Controls/Electrical Technician
Provide necessary skills to support all manufacturing equipment in repairs and PM's of this equipment. This candidate will primarily work 2nd shift
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Maintain, repair and perform Preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance on all types production equipment metal stamping, rubber molding, packaging equipment and automation.
- Welding skills including stick and MIG, ability to perform basic fabrication, read prints
- Troubleshoot control circuits including ladder logic, motor controls, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical
- Perform continuous improvement and upgrades to existing equipment and work cell
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Minimum Education (or Equivalent)
2 Years College
X Technical Certificate or Trade School Degree
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Use shop mathematics, work from blueprints, repair manuals
- TPM knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of mechanics, hydraulic welding, pipefitting, basic electricity to diagnose machine problems. Equivalent to 2 to 3 years trades training
- Over 2 and up to 3 years experience.
- Perform a variety of building and equipment, maintenance duties including machinery installation and repair, run conduit, pipefitting, welding, cutting, and carpentry. Judgment required to determine extend of repairs, replace or repair parts, fit bearing, gears, move and install machinery.
- Moderate physical demand consisting of frequently exerting moderate and occasionally exerting average effort in handling tools and instruments moving and positioning parts and materials.
- Continuous mental and visual attention required to perform a variety of electrical, electronic, building and equipment maintenance duties.
- Constant care in working overhead and in handling pipe and conduit close to electric circuits up to 480 volts to prevent serious or partially incapacitating injuries to others.
- Responsible for own work only.
- Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Exposure to dirt, oil, and noise with at least one being continuously present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Exposure to water, oil, boiler, chemicals, Uses lift truck.
- Electrical background is preferred.
Longview, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Maintenance – Controls/Electrical Technician
Requisition Number: 2015859
EEO Employer Verbiage: