Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Norfolk, Virginia US
Job Number: 23279
Summary - This position is located in Norfolk, VA.
Fairbanks Morse, an EnPro Industries company, is looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team. This individual will support the continual improvement and maintenance of the ISO 9001 registered Quality Management System and 10CFR50 Appendix B quality program.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform effective and compliant supplier quality system audits.
- Ensure on-time and accurate submission of quality audit reports.
- Manage the external audit schedule to ensure audits are completed within specified intervals.
- Maintain the approved supplier list
- Document supplier corrective action requests and verify effectiveness of actions implemented.
- Review and approve new supplier processes (PPAP submissions).
- Review and approve supplier material certifications.
- Assess supplier process controls to ensure product is manufactured to meet requirements.
- Perform product source inspections at supplier sites.
- Lead the Supplier Quality Assurance activities of the Quality team to drive business objectives
- Perform internal quality system audits and implement improvements to make the quality system more efficient and effective.
- Reduce costs through participation in the company-wide lean initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Quality Auditor or Quality Technician in a manufacturing environment
- Experience performing supplier quality audits
- Experience auditing military or nuclear welding program quality requirements.
- ASQ certified quality auditor or certified nuclear lead auditor is a plus
- Proven results in supply chain improvement
- Demonstrated ability to implement new processes into the ISO9001:2015 quality management system that result in break through improvement of supplier performance
- Possess a high degree of problem-solving skills through application of basic quality tools
- Possess demonstrated verbal and technical report writing communication skills
- Action-oriented with ability to establish working relationships with people at all levels, internally and externally
- Proficient in Windows and MS Office applications
- Proven lean manufacturing experience is strongly preferred
- Travel up to 50% of time to perform supplier audits
- Desire to improve supplier performance
- This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Fairbanks Morse.
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Norfolk, Virginia US
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015868
EEO Employer Verbiage: