Location: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 23367
Responsible for managing materials and manufacturing consumables, and any other buy item. Collaborates with Supply Chain team to identify and implement cost saving initiatives to support working capital.
- Manages and tracks supplier performance including supplier delivery, quality, lead-time and competitive performance.
- Calculates and analyzes material change reports to identify specific cost savings and increases that need to be addressed.
- Participates in and supports global/cross-functional teams in sourcing, new product development, capital equipment and process improvements.
- Assists Supply Chain Manager with analysis and management of suppliers and material markets for risk mitigation, alternative options and opportunities.
- Works closely with Sales, Quality, Finance, Engineering and Manufacturing functions.
- Implements EnPro enterprise sourcing agreements.
- Manages purchasing and inventory transactions in MRP system by initiating standard request for quotes / proposals based on existing requirement. This includes placing orders for raw materials and supplies from approved suppliers while using negotiation tactics to ensure best pricing, terms, delivery and quality for products.
- Utilizes ERP reports daily to maintain PO data accuracy using exception reporting, late deliveries, unconfirmed POs and other data as deemed necessary to ensure consistent data integrity.
- Manages and coordinates outside processes with manufacturing and sales to ensure our customer needs are met.
- Assists Finance department with supplier invoice resolution and inventory drivers / metrics: DSI, RM, FG and WIP.
- Continuously looks for ways to incorporate kaizen practices into the supply chain process; especially implementing supplier programs to maximize availability of supplies while minimizing inventory levels and cost of goods.
- Maintains standardized work procedures for supply chain department.
- Performs any other assigned duty or clerical duty as directed by management.
- Potential minimal travel may be required.
- Actively participates in Safety Committee and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide backup/assistance for other department members
- 2-4 years procurement experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business required or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in all Microsoft Office applications, inventory / manufacturing software, such as MRP and/or Macola preferred.
- Ability to interpret blue prints and technical specifications is helpful, but not required
- ISM or APICS professional certification is not required but is preferred.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel material, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
City: Daytona Beach
Location_formattedLocationLong: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Buyer
Requisition Number: 2015880
EEO Employer Verbiage: