Director of Product Management
Location: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Job Number: 23434
The Director of Product Management is responsible for assembling, assessing, and developing the product management team against the Product Management competency framework, ensuring continuous improvement in functional capabilities. Ensures product level strategies align with broader GPT strategy and communicates Product Management strategic vision to the organization through regular updates. Collaborates across the organization and externally to ensure execution of product strategies. Creates tools, processes, and reports necessary to effectively manage the product portfolio in a repeatable and efficient manner.
- Defines Product Management Excellence for GPT and leads the execution of the Product Management strategy. Ensures product strategies and product road maps align to GPT's strategy
- Develops direct reports and high potential individuals through ongoing coaching and mentoring. Sets and communicates the highest of expectations of performance. Establishes clear, challenging goals that support the company's mission and goals.
- Develops processes for capturing market/customer insights. Creates robust processes for: new product planning, product launch, and post-launch product management, and product rationalization
- Directs product management to support product growth and profitability through pricing, cost reduction, and product life cycle management
- Provides direction for product line business team activities and chairs monthly product line business reviews
- Directs product related programs with marketing, engineering, sales, business development, customer service, operations and supply chain.
- Coordinates product forecasting efforts for operations, budget and strategic planning
- Directs the benchmarking of competitive products to identify sources of competitive advantage and monitors industry, technology, and business trends to identify opportunities and threats
- Utilizes GPT's teamwork model to create a culture of excellence
- Instills GPT/EnPro cultural norms
- Represents the Company by membership in trade associations and societies and assists in creating standards for the industry
- Models the way through a commitment to continuous learning and personal development
Leads GPT's product management team, which may include product managers, product specialists, applications engineers, and marketing personnel.
Business Insight- applies knowledge of business and marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
Customer Focus- builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
Financial Acumen- interprets and applies understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
Global Perspective- takes a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
Strategic Mindset- sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
Drives Results- Consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances
Collaborates- builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Attracts & Develops Top Talent- attracts and selects the best talent to meet current and future business needs.
Builds Effective Teams- builds strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Communicates effectively- develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Courage - addresses difficult issues and says what needs to be said in a respectful manner
Demonstrates Self-awareness- uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Marketing-MBA a plus.
Minimum of 5 years experience leading teams and directly managing others
Strong organizational & communications skills; financial acumen; analytical & quantitative
Demonstrates self-awareness and empathy
Market and product knowledge a plus
Wheat Ridge, Colorado, United States
City: Wheat Ridge
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Product Management
Requisition Number: 2015889
EEO Employer Verbiage: