Customer Specialist, Manufacturing
Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 23659
Garlock, the #1 manufacturer of industrial gaskets in the United States and an EnPro Industries company, is currently seeking a Customer Specialist, Manufacturing to join our Customer Service team out of our location in Palmyra, east of Rochester. The Customer Specialist will work in a fast-paced everchanging environment and will be responsible for orders coming in from domestic and international customers, specifically distributors focused mainly in Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) within industries such as oil and gas, water treatment, chemical processing, pulp and paper, mineral extraction, and mining. The Customer Specialist will provide quality service and detailed data entry on all orders, pricing, contract review, product specializations, quotes, bids, returns, and credit requests.
Responsibilities of the Customer Specialist:
- Process quotes and enter orders, review technical drawings and bids, and provide phone and email support to assigned customers, while also managing and distributing a workload from a shared mailbox and phone line
- Perform detailed contract review on incoming orders, including shipping terms, freight terms, and methods to insure the accurate information is entered and products are shipped according to the customer's request
- Prioritize, multitask, and prepare special order checklists, edit and correct orders received, make sales order changes, and notify appropriate individuals in accordance with company policy and customer requests
- Follow up and problem solve expedited requests or escalations provided by customer care team while effectively communicating a sense of urgency to the customer
- Maintain accurate records in an ERP system of all correspondence, including formal and informal quotations, internal memos, procedures, instructions, sales orders, and technical data
- Act as inside liaison and a partner for Garlock Customers, Area Managers, Regional Managers, Product Line Marketing personnel, Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Shipping to clarify questionable items on quotations and orders
- Contribute towards a positive team work environment, work cooperatively with other departments and teams, and attend and participate in meetings and other Garlock functions
- Develop, demonstrate, and maintain a working knowledge of Garlock products, services, and company policies
Required Qualifications of the Customer Specialist:
- 5+ years of customer service experience in a business to business (B2B), commercial setting in an applicable manufacturing industry, such as oil/gas, water treatment, chemical process, pulp/paper, mineral extraction, large plants, mining, or other MRO or OEM environments with a High School Diploma
- 2+ years of customer service experience in a business to business (B2B), commercial setting with a completed Associate's Degree
- 1+ years of Microsoft Windows experience, including all Microsoft Office programs and an ERP, such as Oracle
Preferred Qualifications of the Customer Specialist:
- Experience or knowledge of a hard-engineered technical product made in a manufacturing facility
- Embrace and drive change; show desire for growth and learning
- Bachelor's Degree
- Second Language
Garlock offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, and 3 weeks of paid time off.
The Garlock family of companies provides solutions that seal the most demanding fluid-handling equipment and processes, with more than 100,000 sealing solutions for a diverse range of industries such as hydrocarbon production, processing and refining, power generation, pulp and paper, metals and mining, and water and waste water. Garlock is a multinational manufacturer of high-performance fluid sealing and pipeline solutions with an emphasis on safety, longevity, and productivity. We work in partnership with our customers, industry associations, and governmental entities to understand their unique sealing challenges and respond with innovative solutions that keep people safe while increasing profitability.
In addition to designing and manufacturing safety-focused sealing solutions, we also offer a wide range of safety-oriented training for our customers. The EnPro Learning System offers consulting services, safety courses, and safety conferences throughout the year to help other companies and professionals implement safety excellence at their facilities. As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Specialist, Manufacturing
Requisition Number: 2015907
EEO Employer Verbiage: