Band Line Operator
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee US
Job Number: 23742
This position performs multiple functions within the department to ensure the safe and efficient production of bands.
Safety Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Respect Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
Excellence Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Trained to operator multiple or all of the positions below:
- Operate multiple or all of the following positions: Uncoiler, Shear, Burr Cutter, Butt Welder: weld band ends together on welder, Rim Roll, Upsetter, Inspector: inspect and measure bands, load a position bands in fluxer, inspect bands when flux process is complete, Stacker: stack completed bands to proper pallets, Operate overhead crane to load and unload coiled from truck to storage and machine, TRS, make adjustments to robot as needed.
- Monitor / log / record process
- Assist in changeovers
- Record coil information, steel lengths and verify band stamp
- Operate industrial powered equipment
- Cross train other employees as required.
- All other duties as assigned
Will be required to become certified to drive industrial powered equipment (example: fork truck)
- Moderate to heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs with assist)
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Lifts supplies/equipment
- Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Near Acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less
- Depth Perception: ability to judge distance and space relationships
- Field of Vision: ability to see peripherally
- Accommodation: ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus
- Temperature Changes: variations in temperature from hot to cold
- Noise: sufficient noise - hearing protection is required
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chattanooga, Tennessee US
Community / Marketing Title: Band Line Operator
Requisition Number: 2015915
EEO Employer Verbiage: