Controller, GGB US
Location: Thorofare, New Jersey US
Job Number: 23746
Provide accurate financial and accounting information to all levels of the organization and to third parties in a secure internal control and SOX compliant environment.
- Controller responsibilities for the GGB Thorofare location (2 plants), and 2 additional legal entities (GGB Corporate and GGB Inc - holdings company)
- Responsible for overseeing accounting procedures, internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing), database management
- Supervise month end close and forecasting activity
- Ensure accounting complies with US GAAP and ensure SOX controls are in force and effective
- Supervise and approve monthly journal entries
- Prepares financial statements and provides comprehensive analytical review of variances
- Supervise and approve general ledger reconciliations
- Work on special projects assist with yearly audit preparation
- Manage transactional accounting team through all transactional accounting responsibilities, including AR, credit management, AP and general ledger management for both US GAAP and French GAAP ledgers
- Supervise automated interfaces to the general ledger, e.g. payroll
- Supervise monthly and quarterly balance sheet control account reconciliations
- Liaise with third parties: external and internal audit, banks, customers
- Prepare the financial statements, budget development, monthly forecast and interpretation of budget to forecast to actual results
- Work on various profitability analysis, month end analysis
- Power User MS Excel and proficient with other MS Office (Word, PowerPoint) and Google.
- Must be proficient in the use and management of SAP.
- Must have a strong understanding of SOX.
- Experience in Manufacturing Accounting is Required
- Partner with local leadership, acting as the lead financial advisor
- Demonstrated ability to lead/participate in a team
- Must be excellent in verbal and written communication
- Work well with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to lead a team, with a focus on growth & development
- CI mindset that challenges past practice in favor of future efficiencies
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- MBA or CPA preferred.
- 10+ years experience in finance
Thorofare, New Jersey, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Thorofare, New Jersey US
State: New Jersey
Community / Marketing Title: Controller, GGB US
Requisition Number: 2015920
EEO Employer Verbiage: