Quality Manager - Aerospace Manufacturing
Location: Leicester, GB
Job Number: 23835
Technetics Aerospace Elastomer Solutions business designs and manufactures precision elastomer seals and components for airframe and engine applications in the global Aerospace market. We have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting applications within the industry that you regularly hear about in the news.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join our Leicester team in the role of Quality Manager . In this position, you'll lead the efforts of the organization to ensure compliance to the Company's Quality Management System, and you will provide leadership to develop and implement the quality policy and procedures and systems, whilst managing the quality process for the entire product line from supplier to customer. This exciting role will provide the opportunity to grow your career while being part of a dynamic, driven and growth oriented organisation.
As the Quality Manager, you will...
● Be responsible for maintaining and improving the Quality Management system per ISO 9001:2008, AS9100 and Customer Requirements.
● Ensure compliance to quality policy, standards and requirements.
● Communicate quality standards and expectations to employees, suppliers and customers.
● Be responsible for managing internal/external audits and corrective/preventive action process.
● Be responsible for strategic planning and direction of compliance systems.
● Lead, coach, and work on the career development of the Quality Assurance team.
● Work closely with the Production team to improve production processes and quality control.
● Be responsible for Continuous Improvement projects to improve the effectiveness of Quality Management System, associated processes, key metrics, cost of non-conformances, and in turn enhances customer value.
● Participate in FMEA, Risk Mitigation, Process Control Plans and problem solving projects.
● Act as senior point of contact for compliance issues.
● Identify metrics for measuring effectiveness of internal and supplier compliance.
● Assist Engineering team in new product/process design and implementation to ensure effective quality control procedures are implemented.
● Support Inside Sales team to ensure fulfillment of customer requirements.
● Perform any other assigned duty as directed by management.
To excel in this role, you'll be an experienced Quality Engineer/Senior Quality Engineer, with relevant experience ideally in the Aerospace industry or other, similarly regulated, industry. This role would suit an individual looking to move into a Quality leadership role, and utilise their excellent technical knowledge whilst developing their leadership skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience required
- Quality Assurance experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment required.
- In depth knowledge of AS9100 (or equivalent standard) and ISO9001:2008 required.
- Experience of implementing Continuous Improvement projects.
- Experience with rubber products/sealing technologies preferred.
- ISO 9001 / AS9100 Lead Auditor Qualification preferred,.
- Experience with 8D Corrective action methodology preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuade and manage through influence.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Location_formattedLocationLong: Leicester, GB
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Manager - Aerospace Manufacturing
Requisition Number: 2015927
EEO Employer Verbiage: