Location: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Job Number: 23848
Qualiseal Technology is a leading designer and manufacturer of custom engineered mechanical seals for rotating shafts and precision components for aerospace and specialized industrial applications. Qualiseal Technology is a division of Technetics Group.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Follow engineered process sheets, drawings and Q-specifications to assemble and test mechanical seals and/or aerospace sub assemblies.
TECHNICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform all assemblies, sub-assemblies or components as assigned. Carry out load and vacuum checks on mechanical face seals using prescribed measuring instruments and testing devices. When necessary, "kiss laps" seal noses to achieve specified vacuum requirements.
- Performs part identification via laser, electro-chemical etching, vibro peening or stamping. Work from assembly drawings and Q-specifications. Recognize defective or damaged parts, incorrect sizes, faulty workmanship, etc.
- Use assembly fixtures, hand and hydraulic press, etc., as required by type of assembly. Ensures parts are clean prior to assembly and when necessary operates an ultrasonic cleaning unit.
- Packaging of finished assemblies is done in compliance to instructions provided by engineering via routing or computer database. Perform Shipping & Receiving duties making necessary transactions in M2M when required.
- Any additional duties as assigned by team leader or supervisor.
- BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Prior experience in assembly a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES (KSAAS):
- Ability to solve inspection problems as well as utilize experience to develop new approaches.
- Must be able to correctly interpret drawings dimensions and views; also, obtain help for more complex GD&T call-outs on the drawing.
Analytical, Business and Technical
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings and routings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to communicate with co-workers and supervisor.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to read a micrometer, drop indictor and vernier caliper. Should be able to utilize the optical comparator and profilometer.
- Complete 1 st piece inspection reports as required per routing.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately orally, in writing or electronically.
- Ability to communicate work goals, progress and changes as required.
- Ability to apply interpersonal skills (empathy, negotiation, rapport, sensitivity), to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate character, integrity, honesty, ethical behaviors and industriousness.
- Ability to effectively participate in teams and projects as well as contribute to unit cohesiveness and productivity.
- You will be part of a QMS (Quality Management System) that continually aims to reduce/eliminate non-conformances while striving to meet/exceed customer expectations in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating in a manner that interfaces well with customers, co-workers, and management members.
- Continually monitor manufacturing methods, processes and procedures to ensure departmental goals are met while maintaining or improving cost competitiveness, which includes identifying, recommending, and implementing necessary improvements.
- Safety at Qualiseal Technology is a commitment to every employee as we strive to provide maximum safety to all employees in the Harwood Heights location and every division of EnPro Industries.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Qualiseal Technology.
Qualiseal Technology will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Qualiseal Technology provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Harwood Heights, Illinois, United States
City: Harwood Heights
Location_formattedLocationLong: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Community / Marketing Title: Assembler
Requisition Number: 2015929
EEO Employer Verbiage: