Senior Manufacturing Supervisor-Machine Shop
Location: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 23974
The Senior Production Supervisor-Machine Shop supervises a group of employees in a department to assure the timely and cost effective manufacturing of a high quality product. These objectives will be achieved while promoting an environment of employee empowerment, team work, continuous improvement through lean principles, quality, and personal growth and development.
- Works with the Planning department to coordinate production scheduling and staffing to ensure customer delivery schedules are met.
- Ensures quality and manufacturing metrics are established (yield & efficiencies).
- Identifies training needs and coordinate training for the department; in an organized and strategic fashion assuring flexibility, and maintaining a balanced and smooth product flow.
- Leads the process of continuous improvement by means of identifying cost reduction and yield improvement opportunities.
- Continually monitors employee and departmental performance to ensure financial metrics are met (optimize efficiency, and minimize variances/discrepancies).
- Manages the payroll, attendance system, and performance standards of direct reports.
- Engages in the early stages of the NPI process for a smooth transition to production; including floor space requirements, staffing, and training.
- Assures the availability of sufficient back up tooling as well as staffing through cross training within and outside of the department to minimize downtime.
- Oversees day-to-day operations within the department.
- Delegates tasks and sets deadlines.
- Perform in process quality audits throughout the shift.
- Works cross functionally to develop cost models for new products to support make/buy decisions.
- Oversee inventory cycle counts and work with Inventory Control Planner for adjustments as required.
- Audit job documentation throughout the shift to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Develop and maintain a team environment through safety, excellence and respect.
- Assist Product Engineers with process and equipment improvements
- Make recommendations regarding employee status (hire, termination, transfer)
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Material quotation and purchasing while verifying all customer driven material specifications area met.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Years of Experience
- 5+ years' experience
- Formal training and/or certification in related manufacturing area highly preferred.
- Actual on-the-job experience in related manufacturing area required.
- Must be able to read measuring instruments required to check product quality and blueprints with an understanding of GD&T.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a leader
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with business systems (ERP).
- Computer literate, must be familiar with computer systems including, but not limited to, MS Office programs as well as business operating systems.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment with technical understanding preferred.
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, facilitation and training skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment across all disciplines.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Experience with lean principles, project management, variances, and statistics preferred
- Must be analytical and problem-solving
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical requirements section describes the physical demands and environment of the job and lists the basic physical conditions needed to perform the job. This section should also list specific physical requirements such as lifting heavy objects and standing for long periods of time.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her Supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
City: Daytona Beach
Location_formattedLocationLong: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manufacturing Supervisor-Machine Shop
Requisition Number: 2015945
EEO Employer Verbiage: