Metallurgical Engineering Manager
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee US
Job Number: 24213
This position is responsible for the day-to-day Engineering at the Facility including; Manufacturing Engineering and Process Projects, Metallurgical Lab and Chemistries, EMLS, and Quality Engineering of the facility. Lead for multiple Engineering Projects from start to finish utilizing EMLS principles. Oversee equipment and tooling CAD operation and files or the facility. Lead initiatives to promote Core Values, BOW, Dual Bottom Line, EMLS, etc. Assist Director of Operations in the preparation of the annual facility budget and Capital Project to budget.
Safety: Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Respect: Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
Excellence: Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Provide leadership, guidance and training to ensure the integrity of the iron chemistry and testing of parts
- Oversee metallurgical testing and analysis results to determine any changes that need to be made.
- Liaison between facility, Corporate Engineering and Quality for integrity and specification issues
- Lead on multiple projects to include: new machinery/equipment, movement of machinery/equipment within plant, plant layout, safety and environmental projects, process changes, etc.
- Research options and obtain quotes for scope of work
- Prepare CARs, when needed and support staff with CARs, quotes, etc.
- Oversee all aspects of project from start to finish including contact for contractors/vendors, ordering material/equipment/machinery, conduct contract safety training, etc.
- Assist Director of Operations with annual budget for facility and approve PR when Director of Operations is not available
- Supervise Manufacturing Engineers, Quality Engineers, CAD Operator as assigned.
- Lead initiatives to promote BOW, EMLS, Dual Bottom Line and other company programs
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, preferably Metallurgical Engineering.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers verbally and in writing.
- Passion and ability to development team members and strive for continuous improvement.
- Light to moderate lifting of supplies up to 25 pounds on occasion.
- Mostly sedentary position; however, occasional walking /standing is required when on plant floor.
- Near Acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less. Accommodation: ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
- Office is air conditioned, but when out in plant exposed to different temperature changes depending on weather.
- Noise level not an issue in office, but exposure to high noise levels when in plant.
- Manager or Supervisory experience required.
- Previous foundry (metallurgical) experience required.
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chattanooga, Tennessee US
Community / Marketing Title: Metallurgical Engineering Manager
Requisition Number: 2015966
EEO Employer Verbiage: