Information Technology Operations Engineer
Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 24297
Information Technology Operations Engineer
Objectives of the
Supports the management of the Information Technology (IT) infrastructure within Stemco, including the physical network, server applications, and software. May configure, install, maintain and upgrade server applications and hardware. Responsible for developing and applying current technology to satisfy business requirements or solve business related issues. Works in compliance with EnPro IT policies in respect of security, access management and change management. Responsible of execution IT controls such as user termination, system backup monitoring, systems error logs monitoring.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and resolve system problems.
- Provide on-call technical support.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases for the system infrastructure to maintain service levels.
- Ensure the environment is secure and appropriate recovery and redundancy issues are addressed.
- Review and study assigned vendor software and hardware products to determine those that meet Global needs.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts in conjunction with the architecture team to ensure continuity of services.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to outsourced vendors, junior members of the team, or other third party contractors involved with the management or provisioning of network resources.
- Monitor, test performance, provide statistics and reports to proactively identify potential problems and bottlenecks.
Communication & Teamwork:
- Work across global teams to create common processes and procedures, which contribute to continuous improvement on the service delivery levels for all IT support.
- Maintains a best-in-class customer-service focus and attitude at all times, and holds others accountable for the same.
- Point of contact for all escalated resolutions.
- Ability to prioritize activities and collaborate with other teams to deliver the best solution to the end users; is able to influence without authority.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and proven ability to form effective, customer-oriented business partnerships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively with all organizational levels within a culturally diverse environment.
- Required to work an after-hours rotation as needed to meet project deadlines, system maintenance, work assignments, repairs or to address emergencies.
- Including "after-hours," nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Qualifications, skills & expertise:
- Minimum of 5-8 years' experience in a hands-on technical role.
- BS/BA in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field preferred
- Certifications are a big plus Net+, MCSA/MCSE, MCTS, Security+, CCENT/CCNA/CCNP.
- Expert / industry-leading experience, knowledge, and troubleshooting skills in the following technical areas:
- Administering enterprise environments with Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 2010 and O365.
- SCCM, Citrix/Terminal Services, Google Apps, VPN and remote environments.
- TCP/IP, DNS, Print Servers, DHCP, LAN, wireless, Active Directory, Cisco Call Manager, etc.
- IAAS (AWS), VMWare
- Database technologies - SQL, Oracle
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills; ability to work effectively with all organizational levels within a culturally diverse environment.
- Advanced working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, and Active Directory.
- Strong knowledge of local area network administration.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable PCI, SOX, and data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to conduct research into software or hardware issues and products as required.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to maintain pleasant working relationships.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
Longview, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Information Technology Operations Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015984
EEO Employer Verbiage: