IT Business Solutions Analyst
Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 24373
GENERAL NATURE OF JOB:
We are widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. We are looking for a passionate and innovative Business Solutions Analyst.
Under the direction of the IT Global Business Solutions Mgr, this position is responsible for interacting with the application development and support services within a mixed architecture (client/server and web-based) for One Global Garlock. This includes and is not limited to Oracle eBusiness Suite. Duties include analysis and problem solving of complex application problems to meet the needs of users. This position will require direct interaction with end-users, business leaders, vendors and will act as a strategic partner to the management teams. Support, maintain and administer policies and procedures for ensuring security and integrity of the company's critical business applications. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented and highly innovative.
- Interacts regularly and directly with the Business and has close user working relationship to ensure industry and best practices are employed
- Evaluate, test and recommend new opportunities for enhancing our software, hardware and IT processes
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task & workflow analysis.
- Select systems and capabilities to meet business data requirements and evaluate new techniques for improved functionality.
- Assists with the implementation and support of Oracle's eBusiness Suite modules
- Provides end-user support to a diverse, non-technical user base
- Provides research, analysis and problem resolution including creating and monitoring of service requests with support vendors and Corporate IT Shared Services
- Configures applications and interprets functionality for business users
- Documents functional and technical specifications for application configuration and submits to developers for time and cost estimates
- Works closely with technical developers as needed
- Documents and communicates changes throughout the user organization, supporting change management and compliance
- Creates and maintains end user training documentation, and provide training for end-users as needed
- Act as a change agent to help the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support it.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Nimble learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Demonstrates self-awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Optimizes work processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Action oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Being resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
The successful applicant will possess the following requirements (items are required unless noted otherwise):
- Strong knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite in a Manufacturing environment
- In-depth functional knowledge of and experience (10+ years) with Oracle's e-Business Suite applications with focus on the Quote to Cash business flow including Order Management, Advanced Pricing, Customer modules from a functional and technical perspective.
- Knowledge of Oracle iStore a plus
- Strong analytical approach to business process design with emphasis on cross-functional inter-dependencies
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills as well as flexibility in working hours
- Ability to interpret, drive, and support customer vision and thinking
- Ability to identify and help mitigate risks and issues
- Strong interpersonal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of analysis and reporting tools
- Work collaboratively within our team, the department, and across the organization
- Training and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of Systems Life Cycle development and Agile methodologies
- Experience as a member of a team performing an ERP Implementation
- Experience in a team environment serving an end user community
- Understanding of database concepts such as schemas, tables, and views as well as experience in developing SQL queries
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: IT Business Solutions Analyst
Requisition Number: 2015988
EEO Employer Verbiage: