Job Number: 24731
Beloit, WI / Remote Work eligible within the United States
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse, a division of EnPro Industries, has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you.
Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on the Dual Bottom Line philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As an Engine Specialist at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of diesel engines to support customers and all company departments on engine, component, and systems operations. This will see you cover a wide spectrum of duties, from failure analysis and repair recommendations, to design troubleshooting and obsolescence guidance, to warranty support and management of technical projects.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of engine-related support requests, including:
- Supporting the Field Service team with engine casualty assessments and corrective action plans both remotely and on-site
- Assisting the Field Service team with customer requests for procedures, bids for support, repair recommendations, specification clarification, and design requirements
- Supporting the Quality department with warranty projects, failure analyses, and technical project management
- Working alongside Sales on customer requests for design upgrades, component enhancements, and engine performance improvements
- Helping Customer Service with requests for part information, including weights, dimensions, and obsolescence plans
- Partnering with the Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) team on creating and reviewing maintenance plans, maintenance standards, change packages, and technical manuals
- Writing Service Information Letters (SILs), Technical Bulletins, Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), and other technical related documentation to support the product lines
- Communicating and assisting with our licensor on any non-compliance issues, such as material non-conformance and functional non-conformance of a system component
- Providing general support to Fairbanks Morse internal departments, including engine performance analysis and evaluations, condition-based monitoring, and remote evaluations
What are we looking for?
- High School Diploma or GED and 10+ years of experience with diesel engines or an Associates degree and 5+ years of experience
- Hands-on experience with large caliber diesel engines (e.g. CAT, Wartsilla, Colt-Pielstick, etc.)
- Excellent communication and project planning skills with both internal and external customers, including interaction with high level executives and/or military personnel, engine operators, engineers
- Ability to travel up 20%, including short-notice travel on occasion
- Technical report writing and technical presentation skills
What would make you stand out?
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Strong knowledge of Oracle ERP
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturing and engineering drawings
This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
EnPro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color , national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Remote, United States
Community / Marketing Title: Engine Specialist
Requisition Number: 2016026
EEO Employer Verbiage: