Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 25166
Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
Why should you join Fairbanks Morse?
For 125 years, Fairbanks Morse, a division of EnPro Industries, has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power. We are most known for our flagship Opposed Piston (OP) engine technology that has been trusted for decades and has totaled over 100 million operating hours - many units with over 40 years of service.
If you have ideas and passion and want to join a world-class team, then we want to help you fulfill the dreams and passions that truly drive you. Read more about what it is like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse team here: https://www.fairbanksmorse.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse invests in YOU!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and many more
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
- A working culture based on the Dual Bottom Line philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company
As an EHS Manager at Fairbanks Morse, you will utilize your strong knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety procedures to partner with every department at Fairbanks Morse in order to push forward the company's safety-first culture. You'll be involved in plant walk-throughs, business reviews, and tactical items such as daily operations at the plant. In addition, you'll oversee the longer-term safety projects while helping to create a safety management strategy that promotes safety accountability.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of EHS activities, including:
- Managing and leadership of a direct report, EHS Coordinator.
- Analyzing, making recommendations, and influencing safety improvements and behaviors.
- Assisting the core teams with visual metric opportunities (PDCA).
- Coordinating and performing Job Hazard Assessments / Job Safety Analysis.
- Participating as an internal QEHS Auditor and an ISO 14001 Lead + share EHS best-practices among wider facilities and divisions.
- Providing routine expert analysis to facilities regarding safety and health statistics and trends and delivering metrics monthly to division leads.
- Participating in and providing leadership to the incident investigation process including the coordination of corrective actions and participation in escalated injury/incident calls.
- Researching, recommending, and assisting in the development and implementation of engineered safety solutions.
- Providing onsite support in the area of environmental permitting, air compliance, incident investigation including root cause analysis, spill prevention plans, pollution prevention, hazardous waste, auditing, and environmental training.
- Managing the development and implementation of an environmental management system (ISO 14001).
- Maintaining regular contact with regulatory bodies such as WDNR, City of Beloit, and local fire department, as well as auditing and reporting environmental performance to external customers and regulatory bodies.
- Raising awareness, at all levels of our organization, of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice, corporate, ethical, and social responsibility.
- Managing the environmental budget by negotiating environmental service agreements and managing associated costs and revenues.
- Training staff at all levels in environmental issues and responsibilities.
What are we looking for?
- You will hold a Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS), Occupational Safety, or relevant discipline.
- You will have 5+ years in an EHS focused role within a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Comprehension of industry, local, state, and federal environmental, health, and safety requirements/regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a willingness for initiative.
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving capabilities, alongside strong verbal and written communications as well as interpersonal skills.
What would make you stand out?
- Master's degree within an Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental discipline.
- Professional certifications, such as CIH, CSP, CHMM, and/or PE.
EnPro Industries companies, including Fairbanks Morse, are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: EHS Manager
Requisition Number: 2016084
EEO Employer Verbiage: