Customer Service Level II - International
Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 25532
GENERAL NATURE OF JOB:
This position is accountable for providing quality service by handling inbound orders in a customer contact center. Performs duties that require knowledge of company policies and procedures, including pricing, contract review, product specifications and applications, quote and order entry, returns and credit requests. This position also requires export knowledge specific to export support.
- Establish and maintain positive customer relations by resolving customer issues, complaints or errors, and making operational or procedural recommendations to improve customer satisfaction, as needed, according to company policy.
- Adhere to company and departmental policies with regards to attendance, daily schedules and customer interfacing expectations.
- Acts as inside contact and liaison for Garlock Customers, Area Managers, Regional Managers, Product Line Marketing personnel, Quality Assurance, Engineering, and/or shipping to clarify questionable items on quotations and orders.
- Sales Order changes are made and appropriate individuals are notified in accordance with company policy and customer requests.
- Encourages positivity in the workplace, is a team member by working cooperatively with other Garlock departments, attending, participating in and leading meetings and other Garlock functions.
- Continuously embraces and positively drives change.
- Identify opportunities through outbound communication while building/managing customer relationships.
- Evaluates urgency of the customer's requirements and coordinates with operations teams to obtain expedited deliveries on new or existing orders. Advise customers of order-specific details or changes as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate records of all correspondence received and sent, including formal and informal quotations, internal memos, procedures, instructions, sales orders, technical data, etc.
- Is a key contributor with potential of leading continuous improvement project teams.
- Develops and maintain a strong working knowledge of Garlock products, services and company policies. Continuously pursues growth and learning.
- May provide coverage for 24 hour emergency service for weekends and holidays on a voluntary basis.
- Performs contract review on incoming orders, including shipping terms, freight terms, and methods to insure the accurate information is entered and products are shipped according to the customer's request.
- Consistently provides advanced quotation using prescribed tools.
- Works with Garlock Affiliate locations to win regional bids.
- Consistent use of Trade Compliance to adhere to trade regulations.
- Strong understanding of export documentation requirements, and facilitates disbursement of documents to freight forwarders and customers.
- Awareness of current events and geo-political environment that may affect business transactions and compliance.
- Coaches and mentors colleagues and coworkers in areas of proficiency.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Manages conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Demonstrates self-awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Self-development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channel.
- Required language as Spanish or French
- Associates Degree preferred or equivalent related experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Experience with computers and using a variety of business applications in a windows-based environment.
- Ability to perform multiple functions in a fast-paced working environment.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Flexibility in work schedule.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office and Manufacturing Floor Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Service Level II - International
Requisition Number: 2016150
EEO Employer Verbiage: