Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 25602
As a Safety Coordinator, you will utilize your strong knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety procedures to partner with every department at Garlock Sealing Technologies in order to push forward the company's safety-first culture. You will be involved in plant walk-throughs, safety reviews, daily Go-n-See Board walks, and tactical items including supporting operation safety at the plant level. In addition, you will support the longer-term safety projects while helping to reinforce a safety management strategy that promotes accountability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing, making recommendations, and influencing safety improvements and behaviors.
- Participating in and providing leadership to the incident investigation process including the coordination of corrective actions and participation in escalated injury/incident calls.
- Researching, recommending, and assisting in the development and implementation of safety solutions.
- Educating staff at all levels in safety issues and responsibilities.
- Partner with operations, maintenance supervision, and manufacturing employees to support their understanding and application of our safety systems, culture and values.
- Participate in the development and implementation of site-wide safety programs.
- Coordinates and facilitates the Joint Safety Steering Team (JSST), building and enacting functioning safety teams on the campus within each unit.
- Building your own safety ambassadors across the campus to assist with on-boarding and continuing to be supporters of our focused safety culture.
- Perform safety audits, inspections, and evaluations to identify potential hazards and implement corrective actions in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Analyze incident and hazard identification reports for trends; make recommendation for correcting unsafe conditions and actions and assist with implementation.
- Conduct incident investigations, including root cause analysis; support line management with developing corrective actions communicating the results.
- Provide specialty safety services and assessments addressing requirements that include ergonomics and industrial hygiene.
- Investigate complaints and reports of unsafe or unhealthful working conditions.
- Communicates Effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs to different audiences.
- Collaborates - Builds partnerships works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Plans and Aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Action oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Drives results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Associates Degree, preferably in Safety or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS), Occupational Safety, or relevant discipline.
- Safety certifications (ASP: Associate Safety Professional, CSP: Certified Safety Professional, CIH: Certified Industrial Hygienist, or equivalent) a plus.
- Experience interacting with and responding to inquiries from regulatory agencies including OSHA, NY DEC, or similar.
- Experience with Workers' Compensation including initial investigations, form completion, claim management/review, and return to work process.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office and Manufacturing Floor Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Safety Coordinator
Requisition Number: 2016163
EEO Employer Verbiage: