Job Number: 25869
Sets up and operates a variety of machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, and layout and machining procedures.
- Studies specifications such as blueprint, sketch, damaged part, or description of part to be replaced to determined dimensions and tolerances of piece to be machined, sequence of operations, and tools, materials, and machines required.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates metal- removing machines such as lathe, milling machine, shaper, or grinder to machine parts according to specifications.
- Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications using measuring instruments.
- May operate mechanism of machine, observe operation, or test with inspection equipment to diagnose malfunction or to test repaired machine.
- Applies mastery of skills in adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate.
- Adheres to all safety procedures and guidelines.
- Accurately documents time worked by clocking in and out of payroll time clock
- Correctly documents all job activity and transactions in Vista/MES system
- Adheres to ISO inspection processes
- Other duties as assigned
- May periodically assist in orienting and training lower level employees.
- High School Diploma or GED / Trade or Technical Certification
- 5 years experience desired
- Knowledge of G-Code, conversational and other programming languages.
- Demonstrated experience in Master Cam or other CAD Cam packages
- Excellent blueprint reading.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Houston, United States
Community / Marketing Title: CNC Machinists
Requisition Number: 2016249
EEO Employer Verbiage: