HR Generalist - Manufacturing
Job Number: 102
Life in 2020 has been unpredictable and has taken many turns. As a result, Technetics Group is once again looking for an enthusiastic and development-oriented HR person to join our Daytona team in the role of HR Generalist. In this position, you will act as an employee & business champion, assessing and anticipating HR-related needs, building partnerships to deliver value-added service to site leadership and employees that reflect our business objectives and core values of Safety, Excellence and Respect. This is a challenging role that will provide the right candidate with an incredible opportunity to develop as a Generalist and participate in a dynamic, driven, and growth-oriented organization.
What will you be doing as an HR Generalist?
- Serves as a consultant to site management team on human resources related issues including compliance and employee relations;
- Partners with leadership to analyze trends, metrics and develops solutions, programs and policies to keep the organization moving forward;
- Supports and executes according to current collective bargaining agreement which includes leading joint board meetings and managing disciplinary and grievance process;
- Leads full cycle recruitment which may include social networking, internships, campus/virtual career fairs, and identification of new sourcing channels to bring top talent into the organization;
- Responsible for all pre-employment, onboarding and offboarding processes of all employees including benefit orientation, stay & exit interviews;
- Partners with site leaders to develop employee retention practices, supports the performance and talent review process, and works with managers to develop talent management strategies and provides guidance on business workforce and succession planning;
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; manages and resolves complex employee relations issues and partners with HR leadership and Legal department, as needed;
- Actively participates in HR compliance and Quality audits and action planning;
- Analyzes training needs and partners with the Corporate Learning & Development Department to execute plan;
- Develops a thorough understanding of the Technetics and EnPro culture and becomes an ambassador of that culture to current and future talent;
- Compiles and manages incident investigations, FMLA/STD leave requests, and case management documentation;
- Supports leaders in disciplinary action and performance management initiatives;
- Actively identifies community involvement activities and employee events that promote a culture of employee engagement;
- Identifies and implements creative employee service and rewards/recognition programs.
- a Bachelor's degree
- 4-7 years of Human Resources experience
- Experience union administration is a plus
- PHR certification is preferred
- Ability to be onsite (Daytona Beach, FL) daily *enhanced PPE, COVID testing, and contact tracing in place for the protection of all employees*
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Adaptability - must be able to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment and manage competing demands in a productive manner.
- Autonomy- experience working autonomously, making sound judgments, and providing appropriate recommendations.
- Partnering - demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner across departments and influence outcomes consistent with our values of Safety, Excellence, and Respect.
- Communication - Strong written/oral communication skills, effective presentation, and facilitation abilities. Ability to communicate difficult or complex subject matters to diverse groups.
- Problem-solving - must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; appropriately gather and analyze information and apply creative talents to problem-solving.
- Confidentiality - ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive company and personal information.
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality. Detail-oriented.
- Business Acumen- Analyzes and comprehend business goals and strategies. Links HR goals to business objectives.
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Job Number: 2016452
Community / Marketing Title: HR Generalist - Manufacturing
Location_formattedLocationLong: Daytona Beach, Florida US