Job Number: 108
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment: Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates. Determines space requirements and position of shipment in containers and trucks and lays out position of shipment. Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas. Compiles records of unfilled orders. Performs other duties as needed under SUPERVISOR Master Title. May assist workers in shipping and receiving activities.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledg e . Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Setting and communicating the highest of expectations of performance. Establish clear, challenging goals that support the company's mission and goals. Create a climate of accountability while recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments.
- Develop a team that is technically excellent in problem prevention, quality assurance and creative problem solving through ongoing training, cross-training/job rotation and mentoring.
- With an in-depth understanding of the customers' expectations assure that the quality of products and services is never compromised.
- Actively manage departmental gross margins and advance professional development within the department through planning and scheduling, improvement projects and expanded assignments.
- Facilitate problem solving by ensuring that the necessary data and information is always considered in order to obtain the best results.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- 5- 10 years Shipping/Receiving & Logistics, or M anufacturing O perations management experience in a LEAN environment required
- LEAN certification preferred (Green Belt, Black Belt)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- A passion for employee development and improvement
- Excellent Team Building Skills for diverse groups
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to communicate with those at all levels
- Strategic Planning experience preferred
- Moderate to heavy physical effort moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
- Prolonged extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Lifts supplies equipment up to 35 pounds
- Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment and supplies
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Moderate exposure to warm temperature and humidity variations throughout the year.
Longview, Texas, United States
Job Number: 2016468
Community / Marketing Title: Shipping Supervisor
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US