Master Planner Scheduler
Job Number: 109
This role is focused on coordinating with manufacturing and supply chain to develop scheduling to achieve overall customer demand. Analyzes and revises production plans based on supplier delivery and manufacturing schedules. Works with other departments to ensure alignment to customer prioritizations as outlined by the business. Partners with the SIOP, SC, and Manufacturing team to analyze actual customer demand, trends and forecasts, and adjusts capacity plans accordingly.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Translates firm demand into a production plan with a build schedule for each manufacturing line.
- Schedule demand based on the product mix and provide accurate commitment dates to customer service team across multiple product lines
- Assemble master schedule reporting regarding performance to the KPI's - OTIF to the customer, internal OTIF to the production plan.
- Identify current planned level of demand and create tactical production plans to meet the identified customer demand. Calculate production lead times.
- Communicate changes in demand across the facility so that production and support functions are aware of anticipated volume and metrics.
- Manage load leveling and bottleneck scheduling and utilize theory of constraints (TOC) for more accurate scheduling.
- Analyze production floor status through input/output control reporting.
- Coordinate information with other cross functional teams.
- Understand capacity management relationship to ERP/MRP. Work with work center input and output loading. Work with manufacturing to make recommendations to establish, measure, monitor, and adjust capacity levels to execute all manufacturing schedules.
- Determine available capacity before planned orders are released.
- Engage in capacity management during sales and operations planning, materials requirements planning, and production activity control.
- Keep track of scheduling requirements vs. w eekly production output to ensure accuracy.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Strategic thinker, strong analytical skills, able to synthesize considerable and complex data.
- Be capable of utilizing spreadsheet and ERP-type software in managing the planning process.
- 3-7 years' experience in scheduling position with extensive demonstrated success of implementing & operationalizing master schedules.
- Accredited 4-year college degree Business/ Manufacturing Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/ Industrial Engineering or other related or other related fields and
- Solid, proven organizational, project management and leadership skills
- Exceptional interpersonal/written communication skills; can effectively interact with all levels of management
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access) Statistical Software knowledge a plus - Ex. Minitab
- Team player able to work well across business operations and develop strong business teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with limited direction. Clearly has growth potential beyond the role
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or APICS Certified Supply chain Professional (CSCP) a plus.
- Lean or Green Belt Six Sigma certification a plus.
Longview, Texas, United States
Job Number: 2016465
Community / Marketing Title: Master Planner Scheduler
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US