Fluid Sealing Specialist
Job Number: 114
Garlock family of companies manufactures industrial sealing and pipeline protection products. We are industry leaders focused on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction. We're always seeking candidates who share our values of innovation, customer satisfaction, and employee empowerment.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
The Fluid Sealing Specialist is a trusted advisor that drives demand generation through end users, OEMs, EPCs and Technology Licensors in a strategic sales role. This role will be responsible for obtaining new specifications within the core markets relevant to the Garlock strategy. Requirements of this role will be outlined with clear metrics to measure on-going and annual performance. This includes but is not limited to the development and execution of strategic commercial campaigns, annual sales plans, identifying new problems to solve and analyzing and acting upon market intelligence. The FSS will document their activities, opportunities and projects in a CRM (SalesForce.com).
- Collaborates with sales management in annual strategic sales planning. Objectives, Metrics and Targeted activities will be pre-determined prior to fiscal sales year.
- Engages directly with end user targets for the purposes of delivering new specifications for the Garlock differentiated product portfolio.
- Utilizes virtual tools to support preparation, prospecting, field work and training.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders, such as Product Management & Applications Engineering, to deliver effective commercial teaching messages and execute commercial campaigns.
- Commits to an individual development plan defined by our Dual Bottom Line culture.
- Identifies new end user targets for Garlock product specifications.
- Identifies stakeholders at end users and proactively influences on Garlock products.
- Supports National Account activities included in sales plan and frequently collaborates with Key Account managers.
- Supports the development of distribution through technical product training and education of the specification process, this includes but is not limited to Product Specialists and Sales personnel.
- Converts competitive business in the market at targeted customers.
- Obtains, analyzes and reports market intelligence within area of responsibility. Aligns with industry thought leaders who contribute or lead specific committee efforts.
- Responsible for monthly reporting and reviews with management.
- Contributes to the market-driven solution product innovation pipeline.
- Participates in cross-functional teams within the organization.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Under safe conditions, work-related travel may scale up to 30% of your time.
- Effective communication - develops and delivers multi-modal communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Collaborates - building partnership and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives in a timely manner to support the business
- Self-Awareness - uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Builds networks - Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrates resilience - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Organizational savvy - Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Marketing or relevant industrial experience is required
- 5+ Years or experience in client facing & technical consultative selling
- Industry, customer, channel, competitor, and product knowledge
- Possesses a "can do" attitude with a willingness to learn and to be developed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using a CRM (such as Salesforce.com)
- High level of competency with Microsoft Suite
- Previous understanding and experience with sales performance metrics
- Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Office and Manufacturing Floor Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, Rx coverage for employee plus eligible dependents
- Life and AD & D insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, and HSA, FSA
- Employer matching 401K, PTO, holidays, EAP, wellness programs, on-site medical staff
Job Type: Full Time
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
Houston, Texas, United States
Job Number: 2016412
Community / Marketing Title: Fluid Sealing Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US