Materials Inventory Manager
Job Number: 116
Are you a leader interested in developing a supply chain team to create and maintain "world class" customer experience? Do you have background planning and coordinating materials at optimum cost and performance? This position might be the opportunity you've been looking for!
Why should you join Garlock?
Garlock is a multinational manufacturer of high-performance fluid sealing and pipeline solutions with an emphasis on safety, longevity, and productivity. We work in partnership with our customers, industry associations, and governmental entities to understand their unique sealing challenges and respond with innovative solutions that keep people safe while increasing profitability.
You would be joining an organization that designs and manufactures safety-focused sealing solutions that help promote our motto of ' a culture of excellence, guided by safety' to our customers around the world.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential:
- We can offer you significant career development opportunities as well as competitive salary and benefits packages that include health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, vacation, and 10 paid holidays.
- As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
As a Materials Manager at Garlock you will ......
Manage and coordinate materials management (Planning/Logistics) functions at optimum cost and performance in accordance with established company and divisional objectives. Lead and develop a team to create and maintain "world class" supply chain practices, harmonizing best practices in the field of Materials Management across the Klozure operation.
Additional responsibilities of the Materials Manager include:
- Provides Klozure with subject matter expertise and supports all aspects of materials management with a strong focus in lean and ERP system knowledge and leadership.
- Develops and maintains a highly effective organization. Participates in development, communication and measurement of strategic objectives within the materials management organization. Develops talent necessary to obtain short and long range goals by effective direction, mentoring and training.
- Leads improvement activities in materials planning/logistical arenas. Conducts continuous improvement programs across business, including Lean approaches with Kanban, milk runs and similar to provide a continuous flow of material at the optimum total cost in a multi-plant/business unit environment.
- Analyzes results of unit operations, especially in the areas of inventory turns, freight and material variances from standard. Provides aggressive corrective action plans eliminating the root cause(s). Leads team that communicates to business leaders regarding specific issues, detailing root cause and action taken.
- Lead materials planning team to arrange scheduling of production floor and procurement of raw materials, packaging materials and operating supplies to meet production requirements.
- Leads and coordinates physical inventory efforts. Writes and trains in procedures, schedules activity and implements innovative approaches, like audits and cycle counts.
- Directs those activities that provide assurance that safety, health and environmental rules and regulations are met or exceeded.
- Plans and Aligns
- Ensures Accountability
- Financial Acumen
- Drives Results
- Strategic Mindset
- Manages Complexity
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Decision Quality
- Drives Vision and Purpose
- Manages Conflict
- Interpersonal Savvy
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree in Materials Management, Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent
- 6-10 years broad experience in the field of materials and general team management
- Advanced computer skills Microsoft 365 and ERP systems
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to travel 25%
What would make you stand out?
- Previous manufacturing experience
EnPro Industries companies, including Garlock, are known for their focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Job Number: 2016421
Community / Marketing Title: Materials Inventory Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US