Temporary Production Assembler - 1st Shift
Job Number: 123
The Garlock family of companies manufactures industrial sealing and pipeline protection products. We are industry leaders focused on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
We're always seeking candidates who share our values of innovation, customer satisfaction, and employee empowerment. We offer exciting career opportunities with competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement savings plans, and tuition reimbursement.
***This position is temporary with potential to a direct hire into a similar and/or different position depending on the company needs***
- Manufactures Klozure oil seals including: the assembly of components, closing of assembled products, product identification, and any other post closing operations per customer requirement.
- Coordinates components for inventory controls as well as items to be issued to final assembly.
- Performs in-process and final product inspections as required per order and/or work instructions. Inspections may require a visual and/or dimensional verification requiring the use of various measuring devices.
- Packages and identifies product for shipment and/or for stock inventory per associated work instructions.
- Material handling as required may require per guidelines
- Completes all associated documentation as deemed necessary by Supervisor.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Adheres to all plant safety rules and guidelines.
- Performs other jobs as assigned by Supervisor.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance including but not limited to the oiling and care of machines.
The above statements are intended to describe general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel classified under this job title.
- Must be able to read adjustable measuring devices (i.e verneers and pi tape) as close tolerances must be observed in grinding and sanding parts.
- Must be able to do heavy lifting.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Standing, some stooping and bending
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs., anything over 30 lbs. requires two people or mechanic means.
- Frequency per shift: Up to 10 times per day.
- Repetitive motion parts: Feeding parts
- Duration of shift: 10%
- Dirt, (dust), noise, water, oil, grease, and chemical solution.
- 1st Shift: Monday - Friday from 6:00am to 2:30pm.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, Rx coverage for employee plus eligible dependents
- Life and AD & D insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, and HSA, FSA
- Employer matching 401K, PTO, holidays, EAP, wellness programs, on-site medical staff and fitness center
Job Type: Temporary
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
Palmyra, New York, United States
18.83 - USD
Job Number: 2016487
Community / Marketing Title: Temporary Production Assembler - 1st Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US