Temporary Press Operator
Job Number: 127
The Garlock family of companies manufactures industrial sealing and pipeline protection products. We are industry leaders focused on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
We're always seeking candidates who share our values of innovation, customer satisfaction, and employee empowerment. As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
Summary: Operates a series of electric/hydraulic presses in various molding operations consisting of long or short production runs of products made of various rubber compounds or a combination of rubber, spring, fabric and/or metal blanks. Also completes opening of press/mold by various manual means and closes partially by manual means and pushing control buttons.
Performs duties that include:
- Raises and lowers presses.
- Applies mold release to cavities as per work instructions.
- Inserts blanks in mold cavities by hand.
- Inserts Mold in/out press
- Cures stock for prescribed length of time.
- Removes finished molded pieces from mold cavities, rough pick and deposits in provided containers as per work instruction.
- Uses care in loading molds to insure that metal or rubber blanks are properly positioned. Quality inspection responsibilities will become paramount throughout molding cycle.
- Determines and implements corrective actions when defects occur with product and notifies Supervision and/or Engineering when unable to correct defect.
- Audits pre-molded blanks for defects and proper weights during initial start-up.
- Informs Supervisor and/or Engineering of defective conditions concerning pre-molded blanks. Assists and suggests ways to correct defects.
- Inspects finished molded pieces, this inspection will involve visual or the use of some form of gauge(s) as required.
- Provides input and data as required for metrics.
- Verifies mold release correctness.
- Verifies receipt, pressures, cure times and temperatures on product masters when presses are in operation. Employee will however, be alert to pressure changes, proper functioning of mechanical lubricating systems, temperature readings, bumps and pre-heat cycle so as to provide input and correct product masters if improprieties exist.
- Works with Supervision and Tech Aides to assure product master correctness, including trial runs, data gathering and verbal communication as to progress status.
- Performs various finishing operations (manual or machine) on molded rubber items and other miscellaneous items in order to prepare them for shipment.
- Works closely with Engineering personnel in the development and establishment of standard operating data relative to new and/or experimental products.
- Moves all finished work to proper center and records production and signs off each completed router step
- Maintains equipment, cleans and lubricates machines, empties dust collectors and refuse containers.
- Miscellaneous functions such as rough picking and stacking of parts will be an essential duty of the operator. May assist in finishing operation as directed.
- Monitors pressure changes, vacuum changes, proper functioning of mechanical lubricating system, temperature readings, bumps, and pre-heat cycle so as to provide input and to help correct product masters if improprieties exist.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Basic computer skills
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel classified under this job title.
EnPro Industries companies, including Garlock, are known for their focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective.
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Palmyra, New York, United States
18.83 - USD
Job Number: 2016486
Community / Marketing Title: Temporary Press Operator
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US