Rubber Products Press Operator
Job Number: 129
Are you seeking an entry level job to grow your career in the manufacturing industry? If you said YES to our question, this position might be for you!
We are Garlock family of companies and we manufacture industrial sealing and pipeline protection products. We are industry leaders focused on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction. We're always seeking candidates who share our values of innovation, customer satisfaction, and employee empowerment.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
Monday to Friday - 2pm to 10pm
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- $18.53 base pay + $1.10 shift differential
- Medical, dental, vision, Rx coverage for employee plus eligible dependents
- Employer matching 401K, PTO, holidays, EAP, wellness programs, on-site medical staff and fitness center
- Life and AD & D insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, and HSA, FSA
Job Type: Full-time
- Operates the equipment related to manufacture Model 26 machine. Within the unit includes presses, speed lathe, router, trimmers for trimming of outside diameters of molded product.
- Performs all of the set up work on equipment used in the manufacture of Model 26 products.
- Preps blanks, strips, springs, fabric prior to molding based upon job schedule to be molded. Performs blanks where required.
- Operates presses by raising or lowering press, bars press platens according to mold thickness, applies mold wash to cavities, loads mold into press. Adjusts time, temp, pressure, bumps and pre heat cycles for product to be molded.
- Removes molded product from mold cavities, inspects for visual defects. Adjusts time, temperature, bumps or pre-heat cycle according to visual inspection findings.
- Immediately notifies supervision of defective conditions and stops production until defective condition has been resolved.
- Removes O.D. flash and forwards product to next operation.
- Prepares molds for mold cleaning, cleans molds, and receives molds after cleaning and sends to storage. Issues molds from storage and transports to press area for molding.
- Assists other operators handling heavy molds, when running, retrieving or storing.
- Keeps production records
- Inspects, labels, boxes product for final shipment.
- Problem solving
- Drive Results
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Basic computer skills
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
Posture: standing, bending, pushing, pulling
Maximum weight to be lifted: 30 lbs. ( anything over 30 lbs requires two people or mechanical means)
FREQUENCY PER SHIFT: 25%
- Dirt, noise, fumes
- Union Environment
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Job Number: 2016490
Community / Marketing Title: Rubber Products Press Operator
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US