Full Time Janitor/Cleaner
Job Number: 132
The Garlock family of companies manufactures industrial sealing and pipeline protection products. We are industry leaders focused on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
We're always seeking candidates who share our values of innovation, customer satisfaction, and employee empowerment. We offer exciting career opportunities with competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement savings plans, and tuition reimbursement.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Performs any combination of the following duties involved in cleaning the premises
- Cleans floors, stairways, walls, ledges, piping and subways
- Vacuums rugs, carpets and hallway runners
- Installs and replaces pig mat runners where applicable.
- Empties trash baskets and ashtrays
- Polish and wash windows
- Runs buffing machine
- Cleans wash areas and bathrooms, keeps area supplied with essential supplies
- Deposits waste in disposal area
- Deposits compostable material and recycling to a collecting area
- Operates washer and dryer
- Assists with janitorial supplies, keeps supplies in room provided.
- Clean after Company events
- Performs other jobs as assigned by Supervisor.
- Assists and suggests ways to correct problems.
- Maintains stock in room provided
- Able to stand, walk and reach
- Able to do repetitive movements: buffing, sweeping, mopping, polishing
- Blood borne pathogen training required
- Able to work 2nd shift & complete the training during the 1st shift
- Problem solving
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Able to lift 35lbs ( anything over 35 lbs requires two people or mechanical lifting device)
- Heat, noise, fumes
- Union environment
- 2nd Shift: Monday - Friday from 2:30pm-11:00pm
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, Rx coverage for employee plus eligible dependents
- Life and AD & D insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, and HSA, FSA
- Employer matching 401K, PTO, holidays, EAP, wellness programs, on-site medical staff and fitness center
- This position is eligible for a shift differentiation of $1.10 per hour
Job Type: Full Time
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Job Number: 2016497
Community / Marketing Title: Full Time Janitor/Cleaner
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US