Temporary Shipping Material Coordinator
Job Number: 136
Do you have experience receiving, handling, distributing and storing in- direct and direct goods in the manufacturing industry? Do you have valid driver's license and a fork truck license? If you said YES to our questions, this position might be for you!
We are Garlock family of companies and we manufacture industrial sealing and pipeline protection products. We are industry leaders focused on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction. We offer exciting career opportunities with competitive compensation and a generous benefits packages including medical, dental, prescription insurance, retirement savings plans, tuition reimbursement and much more!
Job Summary: The Material Coordinator performs any and all of the following duties in the procurement and preservation of in- direct and direct goods.
- Responsible for receiving, handling, distributing and storing in- direct and direct goods. Includes operation of various pieces of Material Handling Equipment. Requires a valid NYS drivers license and fork truck license.
- Picks and completes all requirements to prepare products for shipment using bar code scanning equipment in all facets of the process.
- Selects and contacts carrier for shipment. Assigns carrier to specific staging lane and dock door using computer and bar code scanning technology for error proof shipping
- Prepares shipping documents, labeling and package marking as required including the completion of pick slips for finished goods customers, domestic or international. Completes system-related information to prepare international bills of lading and other pertinent paperwork required for shipment.
- Completes all duties specific to the UPS line to prepare and complete products for shipment. Files daily pick slips alphabetically for record retention.
- Ships products via LTL, Courier, TL, Air or other mode to international and domestic customers as well as completing transactions for stock transfers to other company locations.
- Maintains and updates files and records related to orders and shipments. Reconciles any discrepancies with shipments, orders and makes appropriate adjustments
- Maintains 5S standards on a daily basis.
- Performs other jobs as assigned by Supervisor.
- Completes daily containment check of picking, packing or shipment of components for self and co-workers to verify shipment is correct.
- The above statements are intended to describe general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel classified under this job title.
- Problem solving
- Drive Results
- Action Oriented
- Complete High School degree or equivalent experience required
- Valid driver's license & forklift certification required (Operates stand up, walk behind, or sit down style forklifts)
- Experience with material handling equipment prefered
- High level of reading ability.
- Problem solving ability.
- Knowledge about Microsoft Office, copy machine, mainframe terminal, bar-coding equipment and other systems.
- Previous manufacturing experience prefered
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Posture: Standing, sitting
Maximum weight to be lifted: 35 lbs ( anything over 35 lbs require two people or mechanical devices)
Frequency per shift: up to 5 times per shift
Repetitive Motion Tasks: Computer data input for completion of shipments
Duration of the shift: Up to 6 hours
- Warehouse & shipping/receiving areas
- Union Environment
Schedule: Monday to Friday 9:30am to 6:00pm
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- $18.99 per hour
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage for employee plus eligible dependents
- Life and AD & D insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, and HSA, FSA
- Employer matching 401K, PTO, holidays, EAP, wellness programs, on-site medical staff and fitness center
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Job Number: 2016503
Community / Marketing Title: Temporary Shipping Material Coordinator
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US