Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Job Number: 68
Assure that superior products are delivered through the engagement, development, and retention of a high performing team. Holding teams and team members accountable for demonstrating results and working within our core values of safety, excellence, and respect. This individual will supervise the warehouse team , as well as train colleagues on continuous improvement and EMLS ( Enpro Manufacturing Learning System).
- Embrace the values of the EnPro /STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Setting and communicating the highest of expectations of performance. Establish clear, challenging goals that support the company's mission and goals. Create a climate of accountability while recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments.
- Develop a team that is technically excellent in problem prevention, quality assurance, and creative problem solving through ongoing training, cross-training/job rotation and mentoring.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the customers' expectations to assure that the quality of products and se rvices is never compromised.
- Actively manage departmental gross margins and advance professional development within the department through planning and scheduling, improvement projects, and expanded assignments.
- Facilitate problem-solving by ensuring tha t the necessary data and information are always considered in order to obtain the best results.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Inventory Control
- Pick, Pack, Ship Processing
- Customer order management to achieve OTIF
- Storage optimization of products and materials
- Optimize carrier selection s for shipments
- Import / Export familiarization
- Ensure processes for receiving and shipping meet company and regulatory requirements
- Demo n stra ted experience improving warehouse processes using Continuo us Improvement Methodologies
- Continuous Improvement certification and/or Quality related experience preferred ( Lean Manufacturing, Green Belt, Black Belt)
- A passion for employee development and improvement
- Excellent Team Building Skills for diverse groups
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; e xcellent written and verbal communications skills
- A bility to communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Strategic Planning experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Self-motivation and strong initiative
- Understanding of business strategy and operations
- Ability to foster teamwork and coordination within the department and cross-functionally within the organization
- Strong computer proficiency; must be proficient with Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, or similar.
- Ability to develop presentations as well as present to colleagues at various levels within the organization.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies ; including:
- Prolonged extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Lifts supplies equipment up to 35 pounds
- Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment and supplies
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping , bending, kneeling, crouching
- Moderate exposure to warm temperature and humidity variations throughout the year
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of warehouse management experience
- 5+ years of logistics operations experience
- Lean Six Sigma Certification is a plus
It is the policy of STEMCO to provide equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age veteran status or qualified disability.
Longview, Texas, United States
Job Number: 2016348
Community / Marketing Title: Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US