Job Number: 69
Lead and coordinate production teams to achieve established results while guiding, providing support, removing barriers, holding individuals and teams accountable and driving continuous improvement. Work with Team Lead s and/or Cell Coordinators and act as liaison where appropriate between production team and rest of the organization.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Meet production demand - Schedules manpower, vacations, etc. Responsible for production planning and inventory control.
- Provides leadership, coaching and guidance. Responsible for team's safety performance and the development of ROPE teams that support the evolution of best practices within manufacturing value stream.
- Conduct regular team meetings and communicate necessary information - bi-directionally (both to and from production operators).
- Communicate and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures .
- Develop, Monitor, measure, and improve upon KPI's, as applicable, for areas of responsibility by leveraging ROPE team members, Team Leads and/or Cell Coordinators to ensure sustainment and improvement.
- Holding teams and team members accountable for demonstrating results and working within our core values of safety, excellence, and respect.
- Coordinates with Maintenance and Manufacturing Engineering teams on support to resolve problems and continually improve the value stream using continuous improvement methodologies .
- Encourages positive interactions among team members.
- Maintains a cross training matrix and d evelops individuals to close any gaps and/or grow our talent base .
- Possesses the ability to and c onduct continuous improvement events such as 5S, 6S, kaizen events , value stream mapping events, etc. Track and sustain improvements .
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- S trong interpersonal and communication skills
- A bility to manage multiple priorities
- S elf-motivation and strong initiative
- Understanding of business strategy and operations
- Ability to foster team work and coordination within department and cross-functionally within the organization
- S trong computer proficiency ; m ust be proficient with Microsoft applications such Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, or similar.
- Ability to develop presentations as well as present to colleagues at various levels within the organization.
- Quality related experience preferred (6 Sigma, Lean, etc )
- A bility to travel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Lean Six Sigma Certification is a plus
It is the policy of STEMCO to provide equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age veteran status or qualified disability.
Longview, Texas, United States
Job Number: 2016347
Community / Marketing Title: Production Supervisor
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US