Design Engineering Manager
Job Number: 71
Qualiseal Technology is a leading designer and manufacturer of custom engineered mechanical seals for rotating shafts and precision components for aerospace and specialized industrial applications. Qualiseal Technology is a division of Technetics Group.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The Design Engineering Manager will primarily be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all aspects of the Design Engineering department to meet site goals and objectives for design, new product development and introduction, and continuous improvement of existing product lines.
TECHNICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee key projects, processes and performance reports, data, analysis, and plan any documentation systems.
- Select, train, develop, empower, and mentor team members.
- Develop, determine, and implement policies, procedures, and programs.
- Select correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or continuous improvement of existing products.
- Initiate and propose forward looking Capital Needs related to the engineering test lab and engineering tools (software and hardware). Equipment Replacement and Safety related improvements are scoped out in advance of requests being made to plan budgets, projects, and initiatives.
- Review and analyze customer requests for proposals to assess technical risks of proceeding with a proposal.
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences to inform leadership of the current status of each project.
- Work with operations, quality, and sales functions to review and monitor quality and process improvements and new product development.
- Direct engineer functions as it relates to the overall design concept within the site and organization as well as existing customers.
- Supports all product failure analysis activities and is responsible for determining root cause and corrective action for design related issues
- Implement best-practice design practices based on proven pedigree of component configuration, material and operating environment.
- Establish and maintain an Engineering Documentation Process for all seal design and test records.
- Developing and executing the department strategy for growth.
- Bachelor's in Manufacturing/Design Engineering required.
- 5+ years of experience in a Design Engineering leadership role
- Experience within a relevant engineering design capacity
- Ability to empower team members and serve in a Leadership capacity
- Ability to manage projects of moderate complexity
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Proven ability to work with and lead a cross-functional team
- Strong project management experience
- Experience within Aerospace manufacturing or oil & gas environment
- Masters degree preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
Harwood Heights, Illinois, United States
Job Number: 2016356
Community / Marketing Title: Design Engineering Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Harwood Heights, Illinois US