Job Number: 75
LeanTeq USA is located in Silicon Valley in a state-of-the-art 40,000 square foot facility that provides vertically integrated services including critical parts cleaning, kit and unit assembly, analytical testing and failure analysis. We also provide R&D project development, planning, and support to strengthen strategic relationships with our key partners.
This is an onsite position at our Milpitas, California location where every precaution is taken to protect our employees during the covid-19 pandemic.
We are seeking a Development Engineer or Scientist to develop new cleaning, coating, and testing methods to help our customers improve semiconductor chamber performance in their tools by increasing mean time between cleans, improving the number of RF hours before swap-out of chamber kits, and ultimately driving down cost of ownership for semiconductor tools used in the fab.
Focus areas include particle reduction, removal of metals on critical surfaces, removal of organic residues without eroding metal surfaces, developing cleaning recipes suited to new coating types, and developing new coatings to improve performances. The job responsibilities include working with customer engineers and technical staff. This position has extensive cross-organizational interface with Engineering, Operations, R&D, Marketing and Customer Service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage analytical lab, quality check lab reports, assure consistent processes
- Work with customer engineers to develop DOE, establish specifications, define testing requirements, and help with problem resolution
- Responsible for internal technical transfer (documentation and training) for production cleaning
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to customers
- Able to understand and support technology roadmaps
- Able to identify confidential material and protect company IP and customer IP from unauthorized release
- Willing to travel to Asia to support projects as needed
- Able to provide hands-on training and support to other technical staff
- Strong team player able to collaborate with peers in other locations
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Prefer PhD in Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related field, would consider Master's for right candidate
- Minimum of five years' experience in relevant technical field
- Demonstrated capability to work directly with customers
- Disciplined Researcher able to use analytical test data to prove hypothesis
- Comfortable using ICP-MS, LPC, and other measurement devices
- Able to read and understand customer prints and specifications
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and successfully prioritize projects.
- Material Science, Chemistry, or chemical engineering
- Semiconductor or related industry experience (machining, coating, plating)
- Thermal coatings and coatings process design
- Wet cleaning and materials characterization
- ICP-MS, LPC
- Small company experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Able to deliver results within committed timelines
- Detail-oriented and data driven
- Strong commitment to building customer trust
- Self-starter and can work independently
- Knowledge of analytical techniques to validate experimental results
- Chinese language skills a plus
- Mostly local travel
Milpitas, California, United States
Job Number: 2016371
Community / Marketing Title: Development Engineer/Chemist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Milpitas, California US