Rubber Molding Operator
Job Number: 86
The Garlock family of companies manufactures industrial sealing and pipeline protection products. We are industry leaders focused on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
We're always seeking candidates who share our values of innovation, customer satisfaction, and employee empowerment. As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
JOB SUMMARY: Set up and operates all equipment in the Mold Rubber Press Room including molding/production work and some material handling/mold cleaning and setting up.
- Transporting, disassembling, reassembling, unloading and loading molds, material and accessories to press operators.
- Retrieves blanks and extrusion from supply areas, the staging of incoming materials, and keeps the press lines supplied with product to mold.
- Provides information on press capacities, mold changes and molding problems related to order completion.
- Cleans and returns molds to lines for resumption of production on a timely basis.
- Sets press cure cycles, adjusts bumping mechanisms, press temperatures and pressure.
- Informs Supervisor of molds that do not have full utilization and those requiring major repair.
- Checks in all new molds, assigns storage location, stamps identification numbers on molds, changes plug dates and maintains mold files.
- Installs strip molds in Robas press and large molds in wood press area.
- Connects and disconnects steam lines when changing steam core molds.
- Adjusts and operates automatic spray equipment and uses hand spray with specified types of bonding agent.
- Applies various applications of bonding agents in a first coat, then second coat sequence.
- Maintains mixed batches of bonding agent using air powered mixers.
- Assures quality of bonding agent mixes by performing routine tests on batches.
- Keeps abreast of press line molding schedules and maintain an available supply of coated parts of desired style and size.
- Maintains spray booth and surrounding area in clean condition, which include the changing of straw filters in booth and the cleaning and repairing of spray guns.
- Assists new or inexperienced operators in the performance of job functions.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Grinds and puts tips on air hoses.
- Performs other jobs as assigned by Supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Able to drive tow motor.
- Knowledge of the styles and types of stocks and an understanding work routines and performance standards of the jobs.
- Problem solving
Posture:Standing, bending, pushing and pulling - varies with work assignment
Maximum Weight to be lifted: 30 lbs. (anything over 30# requires two people or mechanical device)
Frequency per shift: 25%
Repetitive Motion Tasks: Varies with assignments - putting molds in and out of presses, machine trimming, scissor/knife trimming, rough trimming, lifting & bending.
Duration of Shift: 85%
OTHER: Potential burns, pinched fingers & toes. May be required to wear respirator
- Dirt, dust, heat, cold, varies with work assignment
- Union environment
- 3rd Shift: Sunday - Thursday from 10:00pm to 6:00 am
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, Rx coverage for employee plus eligible dependents
- Life and AD & D insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, and HSA, FSA
- Employer matching 401K, PTO, holidays, EAP, wellness programs, on-site medical staff and fitness center
- This position is eligible for a shift differentiation of $1.10 per hour
Job Type: Full Time
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
Palmyra, New York, United States
18.53 - USD
Job Number: 2016410
Community / Marketing Title: Rubber Molding Operator
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US