Calender Operator - 2nd Shift/2:00pm-10:00pm
Job Number: 93
Are you seeking an entry level job to grow our career in the manufacturing industry? If you said YES to our question, this position might be for you!
We are Garlock family of companies and we manufacture industrial sealing and pipeline protection products. We are industry leaders focused on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction. We offer exciting career opportunities with competitive compensation and a generous benefits packages including medical, dental, prescription insurance, retirement savings plans, tuition reimbursement and much more!
- Operates a Calender machine.
- Follows work instructions to ensure consistent product is made throughout all 3 shifts
- Set up and operation of machine centers (This includes using HMI's and computers to load programs)
- Checks dimensions (length, width & thickness) of every sheet to ensure product meets specifications
- Moves material down the line per specifications.
- Maintains accurate counts to aid in inventory management.
- Ensures cleanliness of work area throughout shift to prevent contamination of product.
- Responsible for taking samples and turning them into our quality department for evaluation
- Reviews job paperwork for accuracy.
- Adheres to the safety policy and encourages teammates to do the same
- Ensures cleanliness of work area throughout shift to prevent contamination of product
- Actively seeks safety opportunities and brings up any issues to supervision for correction
- Keeps work area clean.
- Performs other jobs as assigned by Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Basic computer skills
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Problem solving
- Drive Results
- Action Oriented
POSTURE: Standing, pushing, pulling, bending
MAXIMUM WEIGHT TO BE LIFTED: 35 lbs. anything over 35 lb requires two people or mechanical lifting device.
FREQUENCY PER SHIFT: up to 40 %
REPETITIVE MOTION TASKS: Reaching, cutting, pulling
DURATION OF SHIFT: 80 %
- Climate controlled building, solvent fumes, noise, graphite, dynasol and silica
- Union environment
- 2nd shift: Monday-Friday from 2:00pm to 10:00pm
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Competitive compensation with shift differential available
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage for employee plus eligible dependents
- Life and AD & D insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, and HSA, FSA
- Employer matching 401K, PTO, holidays, EAP, wellness programs, on-site medical staff and fitness center
- This position qualifies for a shift differential of $1.10 per hour
Job Type: Full Time
EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
Palmyra, New York, United States
17.76 - USD
Job Number: 2016407
Community / Marketing Title: Calender Operator - 2nd Shift/2:00pm-10:00pm
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US